Chapter Thirty

When William finally made an appearance, he had immediately ran over to my side, the man shaky as he pulled me tightly to his chest, careful to not to apply too much force to my wound. Tears streamed from those gorgeous sage colored eyes, and in that moment, I was the one comforting him.

"Shh. Its ok, William. I'm here." I assured him, soothingly rubbing his back as he sobbed, unwilling to let me go. "I'm ok." I then yelped when he pulled away from me and began planting kisses all over my face, his tears still trailing down his face as he did so.

Finally, he planted one strong kiss against my lips before he pulled back, his gaze searching mine. "Please tell me you saw the bastard that did this to you."

I frowned and averted my gaze, guilt filling me as I twirled my fingers together. "I-I didn't get a good look at them. I-It was dark and they were dressed in black. I'm s-sorry."

William shook his head and pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead, Anthony crossing his arms as he gave me a sad look. "Don't blame yourself, Mel." He nibbled at his bottom lip and grabbed my hand, gently stroking his thumb against my knuckles. "Can you at least tell me how tall they were? Were they taller than you, or shorter? That may aid us in narrowing down our suspects if we have a height to go off of."

I nibbled at my bottom lip, thinking back to that night...to that very moment that could have ended everything for me. "Taller. They were at least two heads above me and..." I tilted my head to the side, a frown forming on my lips, "they were not slim like me. I-I think their build was much like yours, Anthony. A-At least I believe it was."

I closed my eyes when William all but shoved his lips against mine, his hands squishing my cheeks before he pulled away and stood up. "Goodness Mel, you are amazing. You don't understand how much this helps us." He gave me another quick kiss before he began heading to the door, Anthony frowning as he jumped up and intercepted the blond.

"Where are you going?" The raven haired man demanded as he crossed his arms over his chest, teal gaze searching William's.

William furrowed his brows, seemingly a bit bewildered. "I'm going to tell Marvin of our findings. We'll let those not fitting the description go, while immediately questioning those that do-"

"You don't have to do that," Anthony interrupted, placing his hands on William's biceps. "What you need to do, is rest with Melani. Get some sleep. I'll go to Captain Rosethorn and help him begin the questioning."

William stared at him for a moment, seemingly searching his gaze before he sighed and nodded. "You're right. If I keep going on like this, I may end up missing the bastard that did this."

Anthony gave him a small smile and cupped his cheek, gently pressing a kiss to his lips. "Thank you." He kissed him again and looked over towards me, nodding his head before he pat William's arm and left.

William sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, his free hand on his hip as he pinched the bridge of his nose, finally, after a moment, he pulled his shirt off and kicked his boots aside before he made his way over to me and climbed onto the bed. He settled himself under the covers and draped an arm over me before pulling me close, the man snuggling against me.

"How do you feel?" He wondered after a moment, lifting those sage eyes towards me. "Are you in any pain at all?"

I gave him a small smile and shook my head, taking his hand in mine. "Not at the moment, thankfully. Anthony put some numbing cream on it and that's helping."

Tears formed, but did not fall as William lifted his hand and kissed my knuckles, gulping as he tightened his hold on me. "You must have been so scared. Laying there all night, wondering if you were going to fade, or not." A tear slipped down his cheek. "I-I was right there, and yet you were still hurt."

"You didn't know, William. I should have woke the both of you when I heard a noise, yet I didn't. A-And I couldn't have known they were there, so really the only one to blame is the individual that did this to me."

William sighed and nodded his head. "You're right. And once we find that bastard, I'm going to make them wish they were dead."

I closed my eyes as he kissed me, my heart racing in my chest as his tongue gingerly touched mine. After a moment, he pulled away and propped himself up on his arm. "I'm glad you're ok, Mel. I don't know what I would have done had I lost you."

I smiled and kissed his nose. "Just be glad that I'm alright."

"I'm not just glad, Mel, I'm overjoyed you're still alive. And to ensure your safety, not only will Anthony and I sleep in shifts, but we will be testing the food and drink that pass through that door. We refuse to leave it to chance. We're not going to let your attacker get another chance to hurt you, or finish the job."

"All I ask is that you do not exhaust yourself," I told him, gently cupping his cheeks, his stubble rough against the palms of my hands. "I would feel guilty if you were to fall ill because of me."

William removed my hand from his cheek and kissed my palm, that sage gaze never leaving mine. "Then I will do my best to not let it get to that point. And Mel? I don't think I have expressed this to you...but I-I do love you, and I will sooner see the gates of Hell freeze over than to allow any harm to befall you."

The world around us seemed to still at that moment, my body filling with immense warmth and happiness at his confession. William...loved me? Really? Goodness, I couldn't even express the sheet amount of joy and relief I was feeling at that moment, my lips pulling back in a warm smile as happy tears began filling my gaze. "Y-You love me?"

William's gaze grew soft as he nodded, his thumb gently wiping away the tear that had managed to fall. "I do, Mel. I really do." I stared at him as those tanned, stubbled cheeks filled with red, the man blushing as he averted his gaze. "It took me a while to tell Anthony that I loved him as well. But I do. I love both of you so much and I could never imagine a world without the both of you by my side."

He tensed when I suddenly leaned forward and kissed him, but once he realized what I was doing, he relaxed and kissed me back, his tongue wiggling past my lips. I sighed in content when his tongue caressed mine, my heart racing wildly in my chest as I ran my fingers through that soft blond hair of his.

I could already feel myself swelling with want, however with my wound, we wouldn't be able to do anything anyway. But you know what? I was fine with that. I was fine with the heated kisses we were exchanging, because I knew now for sure that William was in love with me. Goodness, at this moment, I would be content ever if we were merely lying next to each other. I couldn't be happier with how everything was falling into place.

Well...other than the fact that someone in this massive castle wanted to kill me. Who? I didn't know, but I was confident that my brother, or even William and Anthony would find out who the culprit was, and I knew they would make them pay for what they did to me. They helped me with our Arthur problem, and I knew they would help resolve this problem as well.

However, such thought could go to the back of my mind for now. I shouldn't be thinking about such darkness when I was sharing an intimate moment with my husband. A man who loved me, and who I loved back. And I did love him. I loved him so much that I would do just about anything for him. Him and Anthony both, and frankly? I wouldn't have it any other way.

A/N: Yay! Another chapter! William is such a darn CINNAMON ROLL confirmed. 

And remember, if anyone has anything they wanna ask any of the characters, just ask in the comments below. If I like your comment, or reply a thumbs up, that means I've seen it and I'll add it to the list!

Anywho, I hope you all enjoy the chapter! Lemme know what you think! I love feedback!