CHAPTER 8 - A SCARY ONE

AND NOW, I stand at the front of that board, pick up the red marker, and write another word.

"Spy? Do they have spies? Where, Sir Ben?"

"It might be... everywhere," I finally speak.

"So, masasabi na pwedeng meron dito sa atin?" Jeron asked.

"So, you're saying na pwede isa sa ating anim ay spy?" Aril asked.

"Sinabi ko lang ang possibilities."

I wrote another word again.

"Manipulator? A manipulative skill, what makes you think they have it, sir?"

"Think about an hour past ago," I quietly said those words.

Their faces change to something to think about. Then...

"The lunch we have, and the commotion we were trapped in?" Aril asked.

"Bakit nga pala tayo doon kumain?" Asked by Ureo.

"Kasi iyon ang pinakamalapit sa convention kung saan tayo galing tapos nagtanong tayo sa isang guard kung saan ang malapit na restaurant at doon tinuro. Normal lang iyon. We decided to go there," Jeron said. "Don't make big deals on that."

"Then ano?"

"Knowing about me is relying only on timing." I smile. "As if controlling the event but not apparent. That is, they also have a manipulative member. Great timing indeed, being trapped in that situation."

The looks on their faces show that I am speaking unknown to them and speaking only to myself.

"Or maybe I am wrong," I say to think otherwise. "Either they want me not to hinder their plans on getting the black stones or show me that they can manipulate the situation just like I do." I stop smiling.

"Ahh, kaya pala sinulat niyo ang spy, sir. Baka alam na nila ang tungkol sa inyo at kaya maaaring..." Ureo deliberately stopped.

"Maaaring ano?"

"Hindi ko na gets." A slap on the forehead.

"Don't exert too much hard thinking on your mind."

"Then ano suggestion mo?"

"Think about the scene we've seen. Pagkakataon lang ba ang barilan na nakita natin o talagang plano iyon na nandoon tayo para hindi agad tayo makalabas?"

Their conversation stopped because another bodyguard came, Coco, the one I gave the command. He looks at me.

"Sir, I learned about the lady bodyguard, Shinn Lou Camero."

"Proceed."

"As hired bodyguard of Morri Panko, the event happened just a while ago was a serious one. She was protecting her employer from his wife Jodie Panko which happened to be at the above floor from the restaurant. Nagkaroon muna ng kaguluhan sa kompanya mismo ni Panko at ayon sa napagtanungan ko ay tumakas ang dalawa paalis doon. Napag-aralan ko ang cctv sa Terracotta at ten to fifteen minutes ahead of time tayo dumating kaysa sa kanila. Ito ang copy, nakuha ko at walang bakas na may hacking na nangyari."

We watched it, the scene where they entered then cut, on the elevator then out of it, entered the room then cut.

"Is that all, Coco?" Jeron asked.

"Of course not. Natagpuan doon si Jodie Panko at isang Welton Basoy with gun shots but still alive. The police say they are guilty of threatening and attempting to kill Morri Panko. Look at this one..." Pointing to the lobby and elevators also on the video's side. "Hired killers and they are after them," then pointing to the other two, "at iyon na, pumasok sila sa restaurant kung saan nandoon tayo."