CHAPTER 28 - NOTHING TO HOLD

THE SIGHT of her made my whole being inside crumble to the ground. After years of preparing and finding a way, now is just useless in her front.

"Sino ako?"

Her mouth twitched.

"I'm one of those black diamonds."

The truth of reality started to sink in!

"Just like your assumptions. But, as I said earlier, I am not the leader. I am just the protector."

The idea that she knew about me and then added the real one. It was hard to take for a few seconds. I made it after a while and was glad that she just looked at me and waited for my response.

"Why saying it? Why are you telling me about it?!" Not in my usual state and my voice raises higher than normal. "Is this what you mean about my secret? What about your second reason why you are here?"

She did not answer any of it.

"Your first reason is to kiss me... Is that true?" My self is now full of disappointment and destruction!

With her, without bending to answer it.

And what I fear is. "The black diamonds are from the secret society?" I asked again.

Her head slightly lifted, and said, "I am from the secret society, Erasmus Gray... along with some, with three members of the godfathers," in a cold voice with no hint of affection.

A cold chill ran down my spine.

"As you know, the society has eyes everywhere, and this is it."

My body froze to remain still. The way it was when a superior was in front of me.

"Do your job, and I will observe behind you. Two godfathers are looking at you right now."

Like a servant to follow the command whatever it may be.

And Shinn is not in her eyes anymore.

The shadow of the secret society creeps around in this room.

SUMILIP ang haring araw mula sa harapan ng bahay. Ang umagang hangin ay nakakatulong para sa katawan na hindi nakapagpahinga ng maayos. Nang makontento ay bumalik sa loob ng quarters at naghanda para sa araw na ito.

Mula sa sariling dala ay nagpalit ng isang bestida, kulay asul at hanggang tuhod ang haba. Nilagay sa paa ang suot kahapon na heels at bumagay. Sunod ang buhok, hinayaan nakalugay ang pagkatuwid at nilagyan ng ipit sa gilid.

Bago lumabas ay nagspray muna ng pabango at pinaganda ang dati ng magandang mukha. Nang makontento sa ayos ay saka lumabas at pumunta ng sala kung saan naabutan ang anim sa paghihintay ng pag-alis. Mga nakabukas ang bibig pagharap ko sa kanila.

Hindi ko sila pinansin at tumuloy ako sa harapan ng mini-bookshelf sa tabi. Kinuha ang napiling libro at saglit nagbasa. Binalik rin agad ang libro sa shelf.

Love begets love. Tatlong salita pero nakapagbigay tulong para tumaas ang mood.

Pagkaharap sa kaliwa ay nasa harapan ko na si Erasmus. Sa pagsalubong ng titig ay walang makikita anuman sa mukha mula sa lalake.

Mabilis tumigil ang palitan ng titig. Una itong naglakad palabas, at kagaya ng gawi, mabilis sumunod ang anim. Sumunod agad ako sa kanila. Nasa akin ang susi ng volvo at nang hanapin iyon ni Basil sa lagayan ay wala na. Pinagbuksan ko ng pinto ang boss nila at pumasok ito sa backseat.

Pumasok ako sa may driver seat at mabilis inalis sa garahe ang sasakyan.

"How are you... sir?" Umpisa ko, habang nakatutok sa daan.