CHAPTER 34 - THE SECOND REASON

THE WOMAN is now looking at me differently. Our eyes met, and there was no hint to attack again.

Her lips move, "You are correct, I am one of the council of godfathers."

She now looks at me with an unreadable but calm face as if nothing can pressure this godfather.

I stood up straight, ready to fight if there was an unexpected attack.

"Relax, we are just going to talk."

"What do you want from me, from a low peasant?" I do not intend to follow her words.

"I am also the leader of the black diamond. What is your proposal?"

Even expectations are hard to expect from what is heard. I said first, "My proposal is against society. You will either kill me on the spot or later if I tell you," and a soft laugh came from me.

"I am also the intruder..."

A strong thump of the heart reacted.

"I am the one who steals the Jewel from that palace."

The intruder who got her! "Where is she now?" I asked with mixed desire.

"I revealed three facts to you alone. Now, answer my question."

The intimidation continues. Knowing she is the intruder and Quin is possibly right here and telling that proposal is... What is their true goal?

"Behind that proposal is my mission," I started. "It is to get the enemies of the state to be my allies."

She smiled as if getting the idea instantly. "To use us to fight back the society?"

"The black diamond group can fight heads on to the evil doings of the society."

Then her impenetrable face tells nothing.

"But I am mistaken," I said, and my turn, "you are in that council, and you steal the Jewel for yourself? With two accomplice godfathers?"

"I am her older sister."

A heavy thing was placed inside my chest. It is like, myself is beginning to be burdened by one after another surprising fact, but those truths are exactly the things I need to know.

"The order to find the Jewel. What is that for you?"

"I regarded that order as nothing. In the first place, I didn't take it as an order."

"Great."

In a long silence, I waited for her answer. I am beginning to understand the intention behind those intimidating eyes. I asked the possibility, "Is the black diamond is--"

"It isn't. It will never be under the secret society," she answered.

She knew.

"If you want our allegiance, then, Ben Juaquin is going to be dead after this." Not a request but a command. "Will you do that?"

"Let it be," I said without a doubt.

"What is your plan after seeing her?"

A burning sensation fills my body from those words. The time is here, to see here again. What I wanted it to be is, "We will both decide about it."

"Will you take care of her?"

"Will you trust me?"

"She has that full trust in you. Maybe I could do it also."

The feeling inside gets intense.

Before she speaks again, I kneel and speak the feelings of my heart, "I will protect her with my life. I will do everything so that the two of us can live together, peacefully."