CHAPTER 32 - UNDERSTIMATION

DURING THE MEETING

"She's coming sir, escorted by Basil," Coco informed.

"Let her come here."

There is a commotion going on as I have spoken the words.

"In? Here? That's absurd!"

"What is running in your head, Ben?"

"That is not reasonable."

"What if she makes us blown here?"

"Do what you want Ben but don't forget the consequences."

Others agree but most do not. I am certain for this one though I don't know what will be the result. The fact that her face appeared, does make sense. If I fail, it is less than not to try. This might be the means to be with my Quin again.

I observed the way she walked with Basil as she entered the vicinity. It seems they are normally talking to each other or conversing about something. Her mouth always formed a smile, and her eyes twinkled as if she were excited aside from the danger of this place. Her straight black hair looks so soft and does follow her movement, and the whiteness of her skin reflects its smoothness at the camera.

It is far beyond the way my Quin walked even though they were gracefully the same. Still, my eyes knew the difference.

Others came back to their proper seats and waited. Their guards stand ready for a surprise attack if any.

Exactly two minutes when the door opened, and that girl made a step forward followed by Basil.

"Thank you, Mr. Basil, sir. I feel I am well protected by you," the girl said with a full smile.

Her voice is different from Quin's. The confirmation is very clear, she is not her.

"No problem, dear lady."

Then she looked around at us one by one while taking her time. And after doing it...

"Hello," a relaxed voice. Then she bowed down her head to give respect.

"A beautiful girl... what is your purpose here, dear lady?" From the representative of the Investigation Bureau.

"Am I a beautiful girl? And dear lady? Which one is real?" Removing her smile.

A sudden silence passes after that simple question was raised. All are alike in a tight spot, and not relaxing as Basil did.

"Answer the question before we change our mind and feed you to the wolves."

They are scaring the child but as if nothing affected her.

"Wolves? It's not scary. I am living with twenty monsters. It is like a puppy with them."

As the word twenty did mention, the coast is clear.

"Black diamond? Sending a child over here?" A soft laugh from the Chief of the Crime Protection Unit.

"What is the meaning of this?" From the National Defense Committee.

"A brave thing to do. Do you know how to fight kid?" From the special unit.

"I am told not to say anything about that aside from the message I am going to deliver," she said with soberness.

"Then speak, tell us what you've got."

As she raised her right hand, all the armed men also raised their weapons and pointed at the girl.

She stopped. "Please be calm. I will not do anything that will harm all of you. I'm just here to deliver the message," the voice of an innocent.