CHAPTER 2 - SEPARATION

WHAT DESIRE Most of this self-intent is to protect what I can protect, and that includes her at all costs.

As the only ranked one in the entire training camp, all eyes are on my greatness. The will to get to the highest is doubled. Months of waiting are now at the door, and the last tasks to conquer are coming faster. Along with the other training camps, all ranked ones are preparing for it.

And I am too, with so much eagerness because of the two reasons to live.

"Hi, my Erasmus."

This is the other one, to always hear my name from her lips.

"Quin," I replied.

My thirteen-year-old girl, a very beautiful one that no one can comprehend, approaches like a grown-up woman. "How are you?"

"I am feeling great," I said with a full smile.

"How come?" Standing with eyes twinkling like stars.

"Because you came here again, to be with me."

"I like it, thank you, you made my day."

"Why? Did something happen?" I am curious to know about it.

"Nothing." Showing a full smile.

There is something that is not right. "Tell me, Quin." Showing my sincerity, I kneel the way I do, acting like the way of the prince.

"It is much better. My neck feels stiff looking at you standing, you've grown again."

"Of course, I'm growing. It's natural and I am eighteen. It will end soon don't worry but what about my question?" Looking directly at those beautiful eyes.

"Hmm, you will not stop until I tell you?"

"Because I want you to confide it with me. I wanted to grow our love by trusting each other."

"Our love?"

Raising her left hand, placing it to cover my eyes. I did wait...

This is her routine, every time we see each other secretly and only us.

I feel her lips on my own, touching mine and feeling her softness as she brushes it lightly. Then remove it after a few seconds.

"Our secret love to grow more?" Looking with an unreadable expression.

"You don't want it?" I asked while feeling uncertain and worried.

"What do you think?" A typical words of hers.

"I think and I'm sure you love it," say from the deep of my heart.

A beautiful laugh came from her. "Yes, you're right. Loving you more is one of the reasons why I'm living. You are now part of my life, Erasmus."

My heart burns, and happiness cannot be expressed. I have learned from her that this is love.

"I love you, my Quin."

"I love you more, Erasmus."

Our fingers intertwined as we looked at each other while the moths flew around us like dancing and jumping.

It took a long moment before I said the words I needed to speak, "My Quin?"

"Yes?" A loving voice.

"I love you."

"I know."

"I am leaving," I said without hesitation.

"I know, too."

This is what to be expected though I already knew that she knows too much.

"This is the answer to your question... I am not well by hearing those from the godfathers."