one hundred one

"baby, slow down." mark tells gwen who eat her breakfast like someone was chasing after her.

"i have to be on time for my presentation." gwen reminds him.

"but you will only get stomach pain from eating this fast." mark chuckles as he feeds hailey with some purred banana.

"i'm just so nervous. what if it goes wrong?" gwen asks worried.

"you will rock this baby." mark assures taking her hand. "am i right, hailey? mommy's gonna rock this."

hailey only clapped her hands causing the puddle of banana squirting all over her.

"see? hailey is thinking the same. you're gonna do this great." mark smiles wipping away the banana.

"i'm gonna to the bathroom to get ready." gwen sighs.

"you want a quickie to relax?" mark suggested.

"no, but after the presentation i'll probably want some to cheer me up." gwen tells him kissing his lips before she disappeared into the bathroom.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen was about to leave the daycare after bringing hailey when she bumbed into derek who had zola on his hips.

"oh, gwen, good morning." he greets his sister.

"good morning..." gwen trailed off when she saw zola's messed up hair. her eyes widen a little. "is meredith out sick today or.."

"she came in early to study with torres. why?" he looked at her confused.

"um, no, no reason. it's just that she usually..." she once again stopped talking trying to find a way to tell him. "drops zola off. so..." gwen lies her eyes still fixed on zola who smiled at her aunt. "um, i'll see you later."

"okay." derek smiles not even noticed the state of his daughters hair.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood in front of the board for her presentation. she slightly trembles because of her nervousness.

"so if you could take a look again at chart 9c, you will see the potential effect that, uh..." she stops realising it's not the right chart. "i'm sorry. it's not 9c. um... where is it?"

she looked through her papers but couldn't find so she nervously chuckled her cheeks red of emberassment.

"anyway, um..." she says turning around to the display as she used the remote control to switch through the foils. "as you can see... it's really cool. i just need a minute to find it. i have 3-d models of stem cells, so you can see them working together to grow a heart. i just need a second to find."

"no problem." jennings says.

the whole board waited impatiently for gwen to finally get it together.

"dr.shepherd, we have your material. it should be enough to go on." jennings says as the whole board started to get ready to leave.

"oh, okay. well, um... just please remember that this research can save tens of thousands of lives, so... please consider it carefully." she begs jenning already mentally prepare herself to cry in a supply closet.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

after her presentation gwen walked down the hall with arizona and callie on each side of her.

"it was a fiasco." gwen states.

"oh, it couldn't have been that bad." callie tries to cheer her up.