one hundred eighty six

"so, gwen, how have you been?" the o.b. asks the blond who sat up on the gurney.

"i'm great, really." gwen smiles as she pulls up her scrubs. "i just want to see how the baby's doing."

"let's see." the o.b. moves over her belly with the ultrasound. "it seems like everything's fine. you have any problems?"

"no, not at all. the first time ever." gwen sighs with relievement as the door opens.

"i'm sorry i'm late." mark pants seemingly coming from a surgery. "i just finished my surgery."

"it's okay, dr.sloan." the o.b. nods. "the baby's fine."

mark smiles walking over kissing gwen's head.

"that's great news." he says as he looks at the monitor where he could see the baby sitting there.

"so, you want to know the gender?" the o.b. asks causing the couple to look at each other.

"mark?" gwen asks him.

"we haven't talked about it this time." mark says.

"i wanna have a suprise. after all that happened these last years we deserve that." gwen says to which mark nods.

"then let's have a suprise." the o.b. smiles giving the parents a photo of the ultrasound.

the couple thanked her before leaving the room. the two walked together through the hall.

"i hope for a boy this time." mark says as he looks at the photo with a smile.

"yeah? i think it's gonna be a girl. you've already made two." gwen chuckles. "either way i'm excited."

"me too." mark says kissing his wife. "i have a surgery but i'll see you later."

"i love you." gwen calls after him. she then arrives at the nurses station where she meet maggie.

"so there is an organ procurement at overbook?" maggie asks the blond.

"yes, heart and liver. patient is getting critical." gwen informs her. "you're gonna go. i'm in fetal today."

"i'm so glad, not about the patient, about the procurement. it is the perfect excuse to ditch bailey's budget meeting." maggie smiles.

"i want to ditch bailey's budget meeting." meredith says as she approaches them.

"i think they got it covered." gwen says.

"come on, gwen. it's a budget meeting." meredith begs.

"fine. i'll tell owen he meets you in the ambulance bay in 10." gwen says taking out her phone. "deluca's getting the coolers."

gwen walked away from the two as she was paged to the e.r.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked into the e.r. to which she was paged by april because of a pregnant teenager.

she saw april together with an older woman and the teenage girl in one of the e.r. beds.

"hi. jenny, i'm dr.shepherd." she introduced herself. "i hear that you're having a little-"

"a little abdominal pain." april cuts her off. "and dr.shepherd is an abdominal doctor, so we're gonna take jenny up to ct to get a closer look, and we'll let you know as soon as we get the results, all right?"

gwen only stood there smilling. april must have a reason to say this. gwen could also see how jenny mouthed her a 'thank you'.

gwen internally nods now knowing what's the deal.