one hundred seventy three

gwen and mark collapsed next to each other in one of the on call rooms. both sweaty and breathing hard.

gwen put her head on mark's chest tracing shapes with her fingers.

"that was a good start into the week." mark chuckles brushing gwen's hair.

"it definitely was." gwen agrees.

the two enjoyed the silence. just being away from the stress for a while.

"it's so peaceful in here. no surgeries. no kids. just us." gwen smiles sitting up giving mark a kiss to his lips. "i really like those moments with you. no drama. no crisis. just peaceful silence."

he brushed some hair behind her ear happy that gwen found peace with everything that happened last year.

gwen stood up before putting on her scrubs while mark just sat on the edge of the bed.

"you want to leave me like this?" mark asks watching her closely.

"i have a surgery." gwen reminds him. "besides you could just come with me."

"but it's so warm under this blanket." mark groans. "come here."

"i'd really want to but surgery is calling." gwen put on her coat kissing mark once more.

"you're mean." mark calls after her.

"i love you." gwen calls back.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked down the hall with a tablet in her hand just finishing a sugery when she saw jackson walking passed her.

"so, what time's the thing tonight?" gwen asks him walking alongside him.

"what thing?" jackson asks confused.

"for april. she comes back tonight, right? isn't- aren't we doing a thing?" gwen asks confused. she thought jackson maybe planned something to welcome her in seattle.

"big night, avery." owen comments approaching them with a smile. "when's kepner getting in?"

"no idea." jackson quickly replies.

"then what time's the thing?" owen asks.

"there is no thing." jackson snaps walking away.

"ok." owen says looking at gwen with wide eyes at jackson's sudden outburst.

"should we clear trauma one to remove the giant bug from avery's ass?" gwen asks causing both to laugh.

"sheesh." owen chuckles. "hey. i need advice."

"okay." gwen nods.

"i got tickets for this concert thing, and i'm thinking about asking amelia, but she and i- we don't really go to things together. not that we couldn't, but should i, you know, ask her out? what do you think?" owen asks as they approached the front desk in the e.r.

"i think you're over-thinking." gwen replies.

"you're late." jackson snaps at wilson who just got into the e.r.

"i know. i'm sorry. i got stucked behind a train that just stopped forever." wilson replies.

"i'm sorry. you s- you said a crash?" ben asks the other person on the line but nobody listened.

"i mean, they aren't allowed to do that, right, just stop on the tracks?" jo asks them.

"i really don't care, okay? you missed rounds." jackson tells her annoyed.