one hundred fourty nine

gwen and mark lay in bed sleeping peacefully.

mark had an arm over gwen's waist snuggling his head into the crok of her neck.

it was peaceful until...

"you really should get your locks changed." someone suddenly says causing gwen to scream and sit up.

it was meredith standing at the end of their bed.

"what are you doing here?" gwen asks confused not fully awake.

"i need to talk to gwen." meredith says looking at mark. "mark, get out of the bed. i can't get in the bed with you in there."

"you can't kick me out of bed." mark protests propping himself up on his elbows.

"it's my friend." gwen says.

"it's my bed." mark protests her.

"then you kick her out." gwen dares him to which he sighs.

"i'm not wearing any-"

"i don't care about your naked body, mark. get out." meredith instructs.

mark grabs a shirt from the floor standing up rubbing his eyes.

meanwhile meredith climbed up to lay next to gwen.

"i guess i'll go make us some coffee and look after the kids since i'm up." mark says with a forced smile.

"coffee would be great." meredith smiles at him as he left the room.

"this is not our thing now, okay?" gwen yawns rubbing her face as she turns on the dimmed light on her nightstand. "you can't just start showing up at all hours and, i mean, this is not what we do."

"i told derek i am not moving to dc." meredith says totally ignoring gwen's complains. "the children and i are staying here."

"all right, the miracle is over." gwen nods pulling her blanket further up her chest.

"the miracle is not over." meredith corrects her. "we're not a miracle. shut up."

"you can't break into my house and wake up to talk and then tell me to shut up." gwen reminds her.

"okay." meredith agrees. "so, here's what happened."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen and mark walked into the e.r after bringing the kids to day care and meredith leaving their house.

the two saw owen in one of the trauma rooms doing some cleaning.

"you're here early." gwen states while mark went to grab his tablet from the nurses station.

"yeah, an mvc came in last night after kepner left." owen explains taking off his gloves. "the driver had an open-book pelvis, so i stuck around."

"you've been here all night?" gwen asks concerned.

cristina just left yesterday and gwen knew it was hard for owen.

"med vac just called." a nurse informs them walking up. "hypotensive patient en route, possible multi-trauma."

"all right, page yang." owen said out of reflex. "pierce. page pierce and grey and ask them to meet me at the helipad."

"can you page kepner to finish up here?" owen asks gwen giving her the tablet he just held.

"uh, sure, yeah." gwen nods.

owen ran to the elevator and gwen walked over to mark.

"he's dying inside." gwen states nodding to owen.