eighty four

gwen stood together with mark in arizona's and callie's apartment.

yeah, callie and arizona life together again.

gwen is still a little jealous but she will be there for her friend.

right now, arizona filled a glass with a green liquid making callie scrunching up her nose in disgust.

"what is it?" callie asks her girlfriend.

"it's a kale and apple juice smoothie." arizona explains putting the glass down in front of callie. "it's time to think less about your cravings and more about filling that baby with nutrients, wich that has."

"it also has chunks." callie discovers holding up the glass. "i don't drink chunks. i want my coffee. gwen, tell the woman. i'm allowed to drink one cup of regular coffee."

callie turns to gwen who sat on mark's lab on the couch.

"sure, you are." gwen nods.

"gwen, are you aware that there are studies that link caffeine with pre-term labour, low-brith weight, other birth defects?" arizona reminds gwen.

"oh, right. i forgot. that goo looks great. i say you stick with the goo." gwen tells callie while mark was busy reading the newspaper.

"okay, you two can't just dictate what i'm allowed to eat and drink." callie points at the two women.

"nobody's dictating anything, but you're pregnant now, so things have to be different." arizona says. "you're gonna have to eat better and take it easier at work. and if it helps, we'll give up caffeine, too."

"that helps no one." callie dismisses her.

"how about we put it to a vote?" mark asks. "all in favour of callie drinking coffee, raise your hand."

callie raised her hand obviously.

"all in favour of the goo?" mark asks making him, gwen and arizona raising their hands.

"goo, it is." gwen smiles amused.

"wait till you're pregnant." callie threatened her before drinking.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen stood together with arizona, lucy and cristina with sarah, the patient, and her husband colin in her room explaining the surgery.

"we know, without a doubt, that this heart is a viable option." gwen assures the couple.

"how? how do we know that this is a good match?" colin asks the doctors concerned.

"babies under a year haven't developed an immune system that will reject the new organ." cristina replies. "it makes matching a lot easier."

"but we're still four weeks away from the due date." sarah reminds them worried putting a hand on her big belly. "our o.b isn't even in town right now."

"i'm covering for dr.napolitano." lucy spokes up. "i've got her blessing to go ahead and do the c-section today."

"today?" colin's eyes widen slightly. "that's really..."

"collin, time's an issue here." alex spokes up who stood in the doorway making the four doctors look at him. "we need to inform the transplant board as soon as possible if you want this heart. otherwise it's gonna go to another family."

"okay. you know what? there are a lot of doctors in the room right now, so why don't we give the cookes some space? you can have one of our nurses page us when you've made a decision." gwen smiles at the couple making them nod.