nine

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen was laying on her bed in her new apartment where she moved in a few days ago.

she just couldn't live with mark in the same building. she can't controll herself around him so she has to keep distance from him. she couldn't sleep with him again. and more important, she couldn't fall for him again.

it was hard for the both of them, especially for mark. he loves her and the fact that she always turns on her heels when she saw him or that she isn't living in the same hotel as him, makes him sad.

he wants to be there for her, especially this week. this week is really hard for the couple and mark knows how gwen would feel. he wants to be there for her.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

it was already 7 in the morning, when gwen was walking through the hospital to the attendings lounge.

when she got there she saw derek.

"you look tired." gwen greets him.

"i couldn't sleep all night because of meredith." he explains.

"oh gross. i don't want to know about your sex life with this intern." gwen said slightly disgusted.

"meredith snores." he said annoyed while pouring himself a cup of coffee. "i have to sleep on the couch sometimes and that is not comfortable."

gwen couldn't stop grinning.

"could you please stop grinning so hypocritical?" he asks her when his pager went off.

"i can't. you deserve this." she chuckled and he walked out of the room.

in the same time derek walked out of the room mark entered it.

"morning." he greets her.

"hi." she greets back.

"gwen can we talk." he asks her.

"i can't i have to go and do rounds. maybe later."

after that she left the room and mark stood there alone.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"laura grey-thompson, born four days ago with jejunal atresia, corrected surgically." meredith informs the other interns and gwen about the baby. "post-op course-"

but she got interrupted by her father, thatcher, who entered the room.

"oh, i'm sorry. am i interrupting?" he asked. "her mom and grandma have the flu and they asked me to get an update." he added to explain why he is here.

meredith looked at him slightly shocked due to the fact that she hadn't seen him for quite a while.

"she's doing very well, mr.grey. we'll be out of here in just a minute." gwen tells him politelly.

thatcher nodded and was about to leave when he meet meredith's gaze. they both looked at each other.

"dr.grey, you were saying?" bailey asked her intern.

"uhm.." meredith struggles, slightly distracted by her father's presence.

"excuse me. i'll just come back a little later." thatcher says he closed the door.

everybody was watching meredith with worried faces.

"grey?" bailey asked her intern again.

but meredith just couldn't talk anymore so cristina took over to present the case.