one hundred sixty eight

okay this is bad. this is really bad.

gwen stood there froze. she couldn't move.

this is what she feared the whole day.

this is what she hoped wouldn't happen.

there was a knock on the door.

gwen still had the phone tight in her hands when she walked over to the door where she was meet with a stressed out looking mark and two police officers behind him.

"oh, god, mark, you're okay." gwen gasps immediatly putting her arms around his neck hugging him as tight as she could. "god, i thought you were dead. i thought i never see you again. what should i have told the kids, huh? how could you do that to me? why didn't you text me when i told you so? i had the worse day of my live because of you." gwen complains but stopped once she realizes what is going on. "why is the police here? and why do you have blood on your shirt? mark, what happened?"

mark just looked down with a guilty face holding her hands. when he looked up he had tears in his eyes.

she looked at him with wide eyes.

"mark, what happened? where is derek?" she asks fearing the answer already.

but before mark could answer one of the police officer interrupts him.

"ma'am, is this the home of mark sloan? do you know him?" the officer asks pointing at mark.

"it is. he's my husband." gwen answers hands starting to tremble again. she again looked at mark for answers but he didn't giving her one.

"are you related to derek shepherd?" the same officer asks again.

"yes, he's my brother." gwen replies slightly nervous now. why is no one giving her answers and why is everyone, especially mark, acting so weird.

"i'm afraid there's been an accident." the same officer told her. "could you come with us, please?"

but gwen just looked at him with a shocked face. she couldn't move. she let go of mark's hands looking at his face now understanding why he looked guilty.

"are you okay?" the officer ask.

"i can't just go. i... what am i supposed to do with my kids?" gwen asks.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

this couldn't be real.

this is hopefully just a dream.

the whole car ride gwen thought about the possiblities.

derek is dead.

he must be dead.

otherwise no one would make such a big deal out of this.

mark wanted to stay at home with the kids. or more like he ran into the house into the bedroom and gwen had no other voice as to drive alone.

mark looked traumatised, as if something terrible happened, even tho he had no wounds except a few cuts on his hands and one cut on his forehead.

she hopes he isn't going to faint and hit something with his head.

but one thing after the other.

gwen entered the hospital where she immediatly saw meredith standing with a social worker and her kids.

gwen didn't know what to do so she just walked up to meredith putting a hand on her shoulder to show her that she's not alone with this.

she knows from the look on meredith's face that she also knows something bad had happened out there.