one hundred eighty three

rubbing her eyes with a yawn, gwen walked down the hallway together with meredith and callie. it was too early for her.

she had a wild night. mark came home after his trip to the military hospital and gwen was still a little pissed at this dr.vaughn for flirting with her husband.

gwen did what she had to do and marked her territory. mark liked that of course.

"it's not unusual for women flirting with him. i mean just look at him." gwen tells the two. "i would flirt with him too if i'd seen him somewhere."

"gwen, just let it go. mark has changed. he's not the man-whore anymore from back then." meredith tries to cheer her sister up.

"i know. why do i still get jealous? i'm rarely jealous." gwen asks herself.

"dr.shepherd, i was told to report to-"

"did you see the scans?" meredith asks callie totally ignoring jo who just walked up to them.

"yeah, i'm sorry i'm late. i just got off the phone with bauer medical." callie apologises putting her phone away. "they said that carson's recovering well and his incision sites and flaps are doing great."

"that is great news." gwen smiles at the two knowing what big of a success that is for them.

"yeah, dr.thorpe thought so, too. he also thought you might've given him the wrong number." callie adds as they arrived at the surgical floor.

"thorpe? who is thorpe?" gwen asks confused. mark didn't say anything about this guy, neither meredith and him exchanging numbers.

"he has the right number." meredith replies.

"well, okay, so you're just gonna what, ignore his calls?" callie asks.

"wait. will someone please tell me what is going on and who he is?" gwen asks the two.

"meredith exchanged numbers with a hot military surgeon over at bauer." callie explains her. "he says he called, but radio silence."

"what?" gwen asks.

"it's nothing." meredith shrugs.

"why wouldn't you tell me this?" gwen asks suprised.

"because it's nothing." meredith repeats.

then jo who stood near them all the time sat herself next to gwen who was putting the blue protectors over her shoes.

"wilson, are you following me?" gwen asks her.

"i'm with you today. i'm on your service." jo explains.

"i thought blake was with me." gwen says confused. not she minds having jo on her service instead.

"no, actually, all of the residents were switched." jo explains.

"all right, well do you know anything about this patient?" gwen asks but jo shakes her head. "then find something out."

jo walks away getting the chart before gwen turns around to the other two.

"so, how hot is hot?" gwen asks.

"we have surgery." meredith says standing up to leave.

"hot." callie tells her friend who started smirking.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"i thought it'd be weird, you know, the small talk, the eye contact, the polite eating, but really, it wasn't. i mean, she was nice." jackson tells mark as the treated a kid's burns. after the divorce jackson went on dates again and mark is the only person he felt like that could give him useful advice. "it was nice."