one hundred eigthy one

"so, how fo we feel?" arizona asks an excited smile on her face. she was about to do an ultrasound on gwen's belly while she held her husband's hand.

"way better." gwen replies. "i just want to see how the baby's doing."

"we are hoping you could tell us if it's a boy or girl." mark asks. internally he wish it to be a boy. gwen meanwhile hoped to have another girl.

"mark, we discussed it. we want to be suprised." gwen tells him with a stern look. "just look if it's healthy."

"will do." arizons says moving the wand around gwen's belly when they suddenly heard a strong heartbeat.

mark smiled at his wife who looked at the ultrasound.

"it's still amazing to hear it." gwen beamed.

"10 fingers, 10 toes, good size. everything is fine." arizona tells them.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen sat in the e.r. waiting for a patient while leaning back in a chair. she watched as riggs left a trauma room after loosing a patient. he walked over to april who stood next to gwen.

"keps, call the plumber, would you?" he asks the redhead.

"sure." april nods.

"did he really just call the morgue the plumber?" gwen asks slightly shocked.

"oh, yeah. that's something we say over there." april explains while already holding the phone. "they circle the drain, then they clog it. call the plumber."

"meredith's right. we hate that guy." gwen mumbles as mark and jackson walked up to them. mark had a small smile kissing his wife's forehead while jackson hesitantly stood behind the counter.

he and april signed the divorce papers recently. since then their was this weird tension. gwen had the feeling april is hiding something. and her gut feeling never fooled her. 

"you got a minute?" jackson asks april.

"what's up?" april asks looking up from her tablet.

"um, listen, i just got our last joint cell phone bill, and i'm pretty sure they still charged your card, so i just want to write you a check." jackson tells her.

"it's fine." april assures.

"no. you shouldn't have to-"

"no, seriously, jackson. it's fine." april cuts him off.

"if you're sure-"

"this one's on me." april says.

"okay." jackson nods before leaving.

gwen looked between the two with a raised eyebrow while mark leaned against the counter behind gwen crossing his arms.

gwen still watched the redhead as she walked away in a different direction.

"what are you thinking about?" mark asks from behind.

"she's hiding something. i can feel that." gwen tells him turning around in the chair.

"and what would that be?" mark asks.

"i will find out." gwen says as she stands up. she gave mark a kiss before walking away.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen was in the attendings lounge getting herself a cup of coffee when amelia stormed into the room. her hair was ruffled and she missed a shoe.