sixteen

it was morning when gwen and mark entered the elevator together.

"twenty-eight more days and then it's you and me in a locked room for a record-breaking, earth-shattering, mind-blowing..."

"ok, i got it." gwen cut him off. "thank you."

"that was less than enthusiastic." he said.

"i'm going to be more enthusiastic when we... cross the finish line." she said. she couldn't wait to have sex together either.

"ok." he said. "just making sure you haven't lost interest in the project."

"not at all." she assures him as they stept out of the elevator.

"good."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"larry jennings just checked into the hospital." richard informs bailey.

"oh, what's the matter with him?" bailey asks corious.

"i have no idea." richard shruggs. "his assistant said it was a matter of the utmost discretion."

"oh, that's never good." bailey said.

"whatever it is, it was important enough for him to cut short his vacation and fly home." he explaines. "i want you on point on this one. no clinic today."

"i can do both." bailey assures him.

"miranda, we're talking about the chairman of the board of seattly grace hospital." he explaines her. "the clinic will survive without you for a day. learn to delegate."

"who am i supposed to delegate to." bailey asks him.

"chief webber you paged me?" sidney heron asks as she runs up to them. "sidney heron reporting for duty."

webber looked at bailey who looked at sidney confused.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

"the other board members have a say in who gets to be chief, but larry? he's the one who really decides. he know's it and they know it." he referred to the four attendings.

"so if the attendings find out he's here?" bailey asks knowing the answer.

"the men won't get a moment of peace." he said as they walked around the corner to see all four attendings gathered up together.

"chief! chief!" they all shout and run up to him.

"i want you all out of here." he said sternly as he pushed himself through the attendings. "ok? look, go, go, go. out!"

"celeste, larry's assistant. in here." a young woman said from behind richard.

"go away!" richard repeated.

"but we can help!" gwen insisted.

"we can help." burke said emphasize the we.

"what is that supposed to mean?" she asked him offended.

"he doesn't have any woman parts." burke explaines.

"not like we don't know where he is." derek said.

"we'd just come back anyways." mark chimed in.

richard sighed and opened the door to larry's room.

as larry saw the four attending he sighs. "for gods sake. what are the four musketeers doing here? what happened to i'll be discreet?"

"larry, they're here for the same reason i am. to see if they can help." richard says.