eighty seven

"it's your turn." lucy says as gwen hopped on the table pulling her shirt up.

today was her second ultrasound with mark and they were so excited.

"i'm so excited to see our baby." gwen smiles taking mark's hand.

"me too." mark nods.

the both looked on the monitor.

"there is it." lucy points at the image.

"oh, my god. we never got see any of our babies on a screen. this is amazing." gwen smiles.

"look how cute it is." mark smiles seeing his own child for the first time.

"your in week eight. it's too early to know the gender." lucy reminds them.

"i know. and i can assure you that i won't stay here all day." gwen chuckles thinking back to callie.

"it's still risky and i can't promise you anything. your uterus was quite damaged after the shooting." lucy tells them making gwen stop smiling.

"but there is still a chance, right?" mark asks getting worried.

"of course. there is still a high chance that you're not miscarrying. i just want you two to be prepared for the worst case scenerio." lucy smiles softly at them.

lucy printed out a picture of the baby giving it to them.

"i'm gonna give you some alone time." lucy smiles leaving the room.

"i knew it." gwen sighs standing up. "i'm blessed with bad luck at having a baby."

"she said it's the worst case scenerio." mark reminds her.

"yeah? when did something bad not happened to us. we're followed by a dark cloud." gwen says looking at the ultrasound photo. "can't i get some luck in my life for once?"

"gwen, it's gonna be alright." mark assures taking her hand but she snatched it away.

"no, mark! it's not gonna be okay. because in my life nothing ever went okay! my life is dark and a complete disaster!" gwen yells.

"it's gonna be okay. our baby will survive because you are its mother. you survived so many things and you're still here. so our baby will survive this." mark says taking her in his arms.

they stand like this for a while before gwen let go of him.

"i have a surgery." gwen states.

"you okay?" mark asks.

"i'm fine. the day can't get any worser." she chuckles leaving the room.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen was in surgery when meredith walked in.

"dr.shepherd, are you almost done here?" she asks him.

"i'm good in two seconds." gwen informs her looking down at his patient. "what's up?"

"um... i.. i'll wait." meredith stutterts.

"i rocked this valve replacement. you'd never know this guy's valve was damaged. i'm somewhat of an artist." gwen smiles looking briefly at the resident who was about to tell her about the crash. "not picasso, because then his valve would be on his forehead. more like chagall. michelangelo. there. done. what've you got?"

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

they whole hospital was gathered up in the ambulance bay. everyone waiting for callie and arizona