one hundred eighty seven

gwen was up early today making breakfast for the family. mark was upstairs helping the kids getting ready.

"it smells delicious." mark says carrying piper down the stairs. he walked over to the high chair putting piper in it.

"i tried the best i could." gwen says putting everything on the table.

it was a rare thing that the four of them eat breakfast together. especially when it's not the weekend.

"don't be nervous, babe." mark says walking up to gwen putting his arms around her waist. "you'll do great."

"i don't know. i'm not good at stuff like this, like, doing these big decision for someone else." gwen sighs.

a few days ago, after a code pink was called, ben and deluca were stucked with a pregnant woman.

after the mother crashed ben decided to cut her open and deliver the baby.

unfortunately the mother and baby died. now bailey has asked gwen, meredith and owen to hear what ben had to say and do a recommendation about what they should do with him.

gwen doesn't know if she's the right one for this. to decide over one's career.

"just listen what he has to say and then decide. your gut feeling was never wrong." mark assures her kissing her forehead. "it told you to marry me."

gwen chuckles putting her arms around his neck.

"i know you like working with ben." gwen says to which he nods. "i'm doing the best i can, but a mother and a baby died."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen nervously trembled with her legs as she sat in the conference room. meredith sat next to her watching with concern how the body of the blond reacts.

"you okay?" meredith asks.

"yes." gwen answers just as ben enters the room.

"warren, have a seat." owen says.

"when miranda told me that there was an advisory committee, i pictured a bunch of lawyers and hospital suits. okay, i'm, uh, glad it's you guys. let's do this." ben smiles sitting down on the other side of the table.

but the three didn't smile back.

"dr.warren, be apprised that the purpose of this committee is to understand the incident and to make recommendations for disciplinary action, should it be called for." gwen informs ben changing the atmosphere in this room quickly. "a lack of full cooperation, with or withholding of information from this committee will result in your immediate dismissal from the residency program."

"okay." ben nods realising they're not here as his friends.

"you accept these conditions?" meredith asks him.

"yes." ben nods.

"okay, let's begin then." owen says.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen showed the part of the security footage where it's clearly to see that right before ben started to cut the elevator right in front of him opened. he looked at it opening and still decided to cut.

"it's open before you even touch her." gwen says.

"i know that's what it looks like." ben tells them.

"that's what it is, warren, right there." owen says pointing at the screen.

"you said you didn't see the doors open." meredith recalls.