ninety two

it's been a few months and gwen was finally in the ninth month. which of course was the reason her belly blow up like a balloon.

"just look at me. i look like a cow or a balloon." gwen complains to mark as she stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom.

"you look great." mark assures while brushing his teeth. "i love your belly."

"yeah, because your daughter is in it. you have to love it." gwen reminds him.

"just a few more weeks than we will hold her in our arms and you will be grateful that you had this big belly." mark says drying his mouth with a towel.

"i know. it just gets harder to walk and sleep and eat and sit." gwen sighs.

"then stay at home. nobody is forcing you to work." mark tells her but she shoke her head.

"i have to work. i have to get as many cases i can before i deliver. which could, you know, happen any minute." gwen reminds him once again.

"i know. just be careful." he begs kissing her.

"i'm not dump. i won't put my baby in danger." she chuckles starting to brush her teeth as well.

mark just kissed her hairline before exiting the bathroom.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

gwen walked up to alex and cristina.

"-so now you want back on the easy train." gwen heard alex say to cristina.

"what easy train?" gwen asks them as she walked between them.

"that's what dr.karev calls your service." cristina says.

"because your patients never die." alex tries to save him. "it's a compliment."

cristina just scoffs before walking away leaving the two alone.

"oh, it has nothing to do with the fact that you're piling up bad outcomes?" gwen asks alex holding the chart.

"they were dud patients." alex defends himself.

"i'm sure." gwen nods not believing him. "shall we?"

then the two entered the patient room to see an older man sitting straight up in his bed, a remote control in his hand.

"who do i have to pay to get the tennis match on in here?" the man, chuck cain, asks them annoyed.

"we'll have a nurse look into it." alex assures the man as he stood at the end of his bed.

"yeah, well, make sure she's cute." the man smirks.

"chuck cain, 71, came into the e.r last night after a syncopal episode." alex presents the case to gwen. "the scan showed a narrowed aortic valve that we will replace during open-heart procedure."

"open-heart?" chuck asks slightly confused.

"it's a safe surgery. don't worry." alex assures him.

"i don't care about safe. i care about the scar." the patient snaps them. "how big?"

"ten inches at most." alex replies showing him the size with his hands.

"ten? nope. not doing it." chuck shoke his head.

gwen looked at alex wanting him to convince the patient.

"trust me. a scar is a small price to pay for how much better you're going to feel." alex tries to convince the patient.