one hundred eighty five

"so the rotko kid looks pretty good, but i want to monitor him overnight." gwen explains to arizona as the two stood in an elevator riding to the peds floor. arizona was still dealing with the april problem.

"you said we should do something." arizona says changing the topic. she had a hard time as april ignored her.

"we are. we're monitoring the kid overnight." gwen replies not noticing arizona meant something else.

"about april." arizona enlightens her. "it was your idea."

"something. i said, something." gwen says. "i didn't say, go behind her back and tell jackson."

then the elevator stopped and the door opens to reveal april and nathan.

"good morning, gwen." april smiles at the blond who smiled back.

"morning." nathan greets.

"april." arizona calls her. "hi, good morning."

"um, we're gonna take the next one." april tells riggs holding him back from entering the elevator.

"oh.. okay." nathan nods.

"yeah, well, maybe next time be a little more specific." arizona sighs as the elevator doors were closed.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

a little while later gwen found april at the o.r. board as she wrote something on it. gwen sighs taking a sponge to erase her name.

"you're keeping busy." gwen notices.

"i am hiding." april corrects.

"from arizona?" gwen asks.

"no- i mean, yes, but- ugh. catherine avery is here, apparently, and i am not in the mood for-" april sighs before continuing. "in the e.r, i'm a sitting duck, but in an o.r..."

"come on, she can't be that bad." gwen says.

"no, she's worse than bad. she can be terrifying, like a hurricane." april explains her. "when she hits, you do not want to be in her wake."

"well, you can't avoid her forever, not when she's about to become hurricane granny." gwen tries to convince her. keeping secrets is never good.

"maybe not, but i can avoid her for now." april says ignoring gwen's words. "you ready? my first surgery's with you."

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

penny stood in the corridor typing on a computer updating some charts. she didn't get much sleep this night because of a big surgery which is why she chooses to do charts all day. she didn't want to do things she needs to concentrate on.

"dr.blake, i need some help." an intern walked up to her. "i paged dr.sloan, but he just run a trauma patient up to ct and-"

"okay, let me see what you got." penny took the chart reading the patients name. "oh, god. yes, dr.sloan or did you try dr.shepherd?"

"dr.shepherd is in surgery." the intern says

"right, okay. i've got it." penny nods walking over to the patients room.

"hi, she was having a play date with my daughter, and they were running around, and she tripped and landed on a rock." the mother tells callie. "i brought her right in. she's okay, right?"

"hi, sweetie. i am dr.blake." penny greets her.

"i'm hailey shepherd-sloan." hailey greets back.

"i know. i work with your mom. and your dad." penny explains.