Crossed a Line

Me: Enjoy~! If anyone can tell me where I stole some of these ideas from you'll get brownie points! XD
—————————————————————————

Alastor and family were performing tonight at Johnny Miguel's. (Y/n) was excited to be there. This was the biggest speakeasy in Nawlins. Mama Amelie was getting ready for the performance, while (Y/n) sipped some tea. Alastor was reading again, in wait.

"Are you ready to go?" Alastor asks.

(Y/n) grins, "Always!"

The group set off and started up. They take their places and start up. Husk and Niffty arrive on time to get started. Mama Amelie made sure her piano was tuned. Niffty had her trumpet blaring. Husk set up the microphone for his drumset. Alastor was already ready with his sax.

"We're gonna start us up with an all time favorite!April Showers!" (Y/n) introduces.

"March winds and April showers
Make way for sweet May flowers
And then comes June, a moon and you
March winds and April showers
Romance will soon be ours
An outdoor paradise for two
March winds and April showers
Make way for sweet May flowers
And then comes June, a moon and you
March winds and April showers
Make way for the happy hours
And the May time, June time, love time and you

March..."

The group continued on with several covers. The crowed dancing along, some drunkenly singing lyrics. At the end the band played a song (Y/n) wrote, wrapping up their performance.

Bang! "No body move! This is a raid! We're federal officers!"

The room goes quieter with whispers. The crowed stand still and look toward the twenty or so officers.

(Y/n) groans, "Oooooof course."

"You're all going down town. Everyone line up." One of the cops on a baggy beige coat commands.

(Y/n) turns to Alastor, "How much you wanna bet we're sleeping in a jail cell tonight?"

Alastor glares, "Not. Now."

(Y/n) pouts. Every person in the joint was slipped into police cars, driven down to the station, and locked in a cell. Husk crossed his arms and went to sleep in the packed cell. Niffty swung her legs in between the bars of the cell, humming. Mama Amelie sat between (Y/n) and Alastor. She twiddled her thumbs. (Y/n) was bored. He leaned his head against the wall, when he heard a harmonica playing. He tilts his head and goes over to the man. The man beckons him closer.

"Listen kid, music makes everything better. Even the guards like it." He starts playing and they bob their heads along while standing guard.

"Can I try?" (Y/n) asks.

The man hands him the harp. "Go for it."

Later the next day everyone was released thanks to a Mr. Sugar Ray. (Y/n) gives the old jail bird his harp back and says goodbye. Alastor and family leave and walk out of the door. Mr. Ray, a cajun, fancy suit wearing man shook their hands and apologised.

(Y/n) politely shakes it and then spots Mrs. Singer. He goes to wave when she looks his way, but she walks faster. (Y/n) tried to get a better look. She seemed... bruised and had a limp. He nudges Alastor.

"Look." (Y/n) says.

Alastor stops and looks for the woman. When his eyes settle on his ragged form, he tilts his head. He looks back to (Y/n).

"What about her?" Alastor asks.

(Y/n) looks at the cops and shakes his head. "I'll tell ya at home."