Weddings Are Fun!

Me: Back to the program! Killings and all. Husk gets married to a nice lady.

Very sorry for the years break, but life decided I needed a change of pace. The slow drum of time has beat and my inspiration killed with it. I have since gotten a new job, made some friends I can meet and talk with in person, have a boyfriend that I love, and a things are a lot better than before. Although some things have changed for the worse, like my eyesight, I have made peace with it. Thank you for all of your love and support! It means the world to me. Lots of love~ Mashi-Mutou
—————————————————————————
The year is 1927! It had been a hard year for everyone with the illnesses, flooding, and over all hardships. However, New Orleans was still maintaining its composure through alcohol and partying till they dropped. It had been particularly difficult for the remaining Boudreaux. Alastor had time to grieve and had processed his mother's death. He no longer held a sad look when he thought others weren't looking. He smiled and had a much more vibrant approach to his time on the air. (Y/n) had another collection sell. This series was focussed on animals and (Y/n) was elated to have it become popular. Niffty had successfully made it through schooling and was a professional hairdresser. Husk and his girl were still steady and his military job kept them well paid.

(Y/n) was just checking the mail and looked through the letters. There were bills, bills, bills, bank account statement, and oh! (Y/n) looked at the sender on the back with a curious hum; Husk. He walked back inside and put the mail in the basket beside the clock on the wall. He finds the letter opener and cuts the side of the envelope.

The letter reads:

'Dear Alastor Boudreaux and (Y/n) (L/n),

We hereby request the honour of your presence at the wedding of Husker and Genevieve. It is our sincerest hope that you both arrive at White Chapel church on 123 applegrove street. The wedding begins at 9:30 AM. The after party is to be at the muscgrave gardens attached to the church.

RSVP as soon as possible.

Warm regards,
Husker and Genie

Ps: Alastor, meet me at our usual. I need to discuss wedding plans with you.'

(Y/n)'s eyes light up. "That's fantastic! I'm happy for them!"

He'll have to wait for Alastor to get home before he can think about the matter further. He puts the envelope in a safe place and goes about his normal daily chores. It had been quickly decided that Alastor was the cook between the two. (Y/n) could make the basics, but his food was never as good as Mama Amelie's. So, (Y/n) left dinner to Alastor who could recreate each recipe like a masterpiece. That meant (Y/n) had the cleaning, laundry, and errand duties.

(Y/n) turned the radio on when he started up the dishes and was only half paying attention. He hummed along to one of his favorites when the song cuts off and a guest star is introduced.

(Y/n) grins. "Oh! Fun! A new cats prowling about."

The man introduces, "Hello Ya'll. My name is Reverend Hacklin. I'm here to spread the good message of the lord and discuss some serious topics with you all..."

(Y/n) sighs, "Oh. It's one of you..."

The more (Y/n) listens on the more concerned he becomes. The man was on the contradictory side. He disliked the Klan, but seemed critical of Jewish people. He would repeat the sentiment to hate the sin, not the sinner. It left such a bad taste in his mouth that he had to quickly switch it off.

"This is something to add to the list to share later," (Y/n) remarks to himself.

After the chores, (Y/n) goes to his room to start up his latest painting and finds himself distracted. He gives up and decided to try to quickly head to the market to pick up some cilantro for dinner.