Cannibal

Me: Another installment that makes life interesting. Late. Sorry. I had to take a hiatus so I didn't burn out. No inspiration to writes the deets.
—————————————————————————

Alastor and (Y/n) started doing hunts again, though at a much lower rate. Alastor was in a much better frame of mind now. (Y/n) was interested in what Alastor did with some of the bodies and decided that today would be the day he cashed in on that promise. (Y/n) was NOT about to pass up the opportunity to learn more about Alastor and his culture. He had the basic gist, but he wanted it to be his too. Thus, he stuck.

"Al! You know how you said you'd tell me what you did with those bodies?" (Y/n) asked.

"I recall that, yes. What of it?" Alastor responds.

(Y/n) replies, "I'm curious. Can you do that today?"

Alastor nods, "It is Wednesday. Alright. Just... it ain't gonna be pretty? You sure you can handle it?"

(Y/n) thinks about it. "I know it's not gonna be what most people consider pleasant. But, I don't spook that easily."

Alastor nods, "Very well, tonight I'll show you."

(Y/n) grins, "Besides, given everything we've gone through it's just silly to think I'd leave. I've earned my stay here and I wouldn't let this go for the world!"

Alastor feels his smile twitch into something softer, "I suppose not."

With that Alastor went to his room. He was usually set to work on Wednesdays, but today was some holiday he had off. Alastor did his usual home activities such as reading, writing new broadcasts, the like. He'd soon have his favorite serial killer to cover once more. (Y/n) spent the day with Amelie, helping her with the house and learning french. (Y/n) felt he was still terrible at it, but was reassured that his pronunciation was flawless, despite the limited vocabulary.

It was when Mama called it for the night that (Y/n) was the first to speak up. It surprised Alastor a bit, given his partner didn't really enjoy killing like himself.

"Al, Let's go out." (Y/n) says.

Alastor understood the other implied messages behind that sentence. 'I'm itching to leave.' 'This waiting is making me nervous.' 'I'm curious and determined to do this tonight.' Alastor supposed he should at least alleviate some of those.

Alastor nods, "Allons-y"

(Y/n) grins and sings quietly as they leave the house, "So! We're off to get a body~ to do unspeakable things. What a unique hobby! We'll have to see what it brings. Because I want to know what my beaux does with these cadavers. These endeavors, he so enjoys."

Alastor rolls his eyes, "NOT in public, even if it is late at night."

(Y/n) looks a bit sheepish at being called out. "Was it a good song though?"

Alastor stops them as they make their way to the back allies. "It was certainly amusing."

(Y/n) shrugs, "I'll take it."

Later that night, Alastor had everything prepared. In the basement was a small shrine. It was a small table with black and red cloth. On it was a symbol and four white candles around it. There was the bottle of rum and the blood in front of the alter said a lot. He recognised the set up and the last time he had asked about the loa. He dismissed his thoughts. They were different people then.

"Okay. We have the body, we have the set up. What next?" (Y/n) asked as he walks up to it.

Alastor eyes his partner for a second. "Usually, It's up to the loa in question. Some like privacy for these sorts of things. However, this isn't anywhere near the norm."

(Y/n) watches, bouncing his leg with anxiety and anticipation. Alastor sets up the body and steps back, calmly. He calls for the Loa. A misty shadow comes out from the corner forming into an anthropomorphic bull like shape.

"Took you long 'nough." ——.

Alastor raises an eyebrow, "Surely you're not going to begrudge me for waiting to do a proper introduction."

Kalfou scoffs, "I've been watching the whole time. Now, it's quite rude to not include this morsel in the conversation."

Kalfou grins to (Y/n) who shrinks back a second. "Hello. I'm-"

Kalfou finishes, "My son's partner: (Y/n) (L/n). Same age as Alastor and from Atlanta. Favourite colour (f/c). I get it kid."

(Y/n) glances to Alastor unsure of how to act. This thing knew who he was and all. He had so many questions. He could understand the technicalities, but the situation struck him as complex than either would let on. Alastor kept a tight smile and nodded to the loa, as if saying to pay attention.

Kalfou watches almost bored. "I'm ——"

Alastor interrupts, "I was hoping you could put on a show for (Y/n), here. He wondered what you did with my little sacrifices."

Kalfou chuckles. "Just a bit of family business! This once since I'd like him educated."

(Y/n) becomes less timid and walks over. "So! How does one take a soul? Is it... like just a swipe of your claws? Or is there more to it?"

Kalfou takes a swig of the rum. "Oh I like this one! Claws are for deals. Taking a soul meant to pass on is different. Shakes things up. Makes chaos."

Kalfou tosses the bottle and goes to the body. He uses a horn to rip the soul from the body and quickly pockets it. "That's all you get to see. The body will be tasty though, enjoy... SON."

With that Kalfou leaves.  (Y/n) tilts his head. "What was THAT?"

Alastor rolls his eyes. "Drama queen."

(Y/n) and Alastor look back and Alastor collects the bottle. He sighs. He trashes it. He then goes over to the body.

(Y/n) asks, "But what happens to the body?"

Alastor replies, "We eat it."

(Y/n) isn't one to be shocked easily, but this took the cake. "Um... I misheard you, surely..."

Alastor turns to him. "I eat the meat from the bodies. For each soul he gets and every participation in dealing with the body, I get some of his power."

(Y/n) frowns. "Can't you get sick from eating people? I could have sworn there was an article I read-"

Alastor cuts him off. "No. It's safe."

(Y/n) perks back up, "That's right! Avoid the brain and you'll be fine! I expect you to be safe about this!"

Alastor laughs. "And here I was thinking this might be the deal breaker."

(Y/n) opens his mouth and shuts it. "No. Just... something to adjust to. I've already decided you're not getting rid of me so you better deal with it."

Alastor raises an eyebrow, "Does this mean you'll be joining my late night feasts?"

(Y/n) looks at the dead man and then back to Alastor. "I don't think so... that's too far for me..."

Alastor shrugs. "More for me."

He then, gets up and kisses (Y/n)'s cheek. "Thank you for accepting it.."

(Y/n) blushes bright red and hides his face behind his hands. "I gotta lie down, too much."

(Y/n) goes back up stairs and heads to his room to gush and think about Alastor. Meanwhile Alastor finishes making the cuts he can and stores it in his ice box. He lets himself relax and smiles at how well things turned out.

—————————————————————————
Me: Hey. Sorry this took so long! Hope you enjoyed! Please leave comments and vote and save! You guys make it worth it!