Chapter 58 - She was my "Everything and Anything"

Just a quick announcement here, before we get started!
This is the third last chapter for Mafia Servant.
If nothing goes wrong, Mafia Servant will come to an end by this week! :O
It's a dream for me to come this far with you guys.
Thank you for giving Mafia Servant a shot and staying with me even until now! :)

Without further ado, Bon Appétit! :D

Elizabeth's POV

"No. Please, Carina, please!"

Carina strolled into the apartment with me trailing behind like a meek guest. Our roles were switched and I felt like the buyer instead of the seller. My property agent was packing up when I stepped across the threshold marking the entrance to my house. He greeted me with a professional nod and left me with the cheque and paperwork. "I have signed the paperwork as promise. Here's the remaining three hundred thousand dollars you need with a little extra." She smirked at me as the property agent subtly inspected her.

Well, Carina was a buyer everyone in his line of work wanted to meet. After all, she did offered a price more than the one I had listed for my apartment. Properties were sold at sky-high prices in the Hollow because of how dense our population were becoming. Running out of living space, the legal governing party decided to charge an exorbitant price for government housing. Often, MJ used to compare the prices of houses around the world and we only came up with the conclusion that our land must be made out of gold to be so expensive.

I wanted to keep this house, it was my little safe space even with the locks everyone wanted me to replace. However, things changed when I was not making enough from blackmailing Mafia families. Not everyone can have what they want, could they? Thus, I gave up the house. It will be for a worthy cause, to sever the ties I have with Angelo. Furthermore, when I heard that my brothers are in places so far away, I rather carry enough money on me as I searched for them than to reminisce about a rotting house by the roadside. 

Cleverly, my property agent left after tipping Carina his name card. Then, Carina strutted to the dining table and lifted the veil off a tray which I had never seen before. "Choose, babe." She grinned widely, showing off her crescent-shaped eyes that most KPOP idols would be jealous of. I stared at the contents of the tray and shook my head.

The beg left my mouth easily as I swiped away the tray placed on the rotting dining table. Two things happened simultaneously but I could only see and hear Carina, who had sat down on my right. She did not rub her face in exasperation which she did whenever there were customers who turned a deaf ear on us and repeatedly demanded things not possible at the Raindrop.

Instead, an amused smile graced her lips, making me cold. It mirrored the one Jessica Gold had when Miranda stabbed me with the dagger. An expression of glee at the air polluted with fear and possibly, blood. Keeping the smile, Carina got up from the creaking chair.

Her boots crunched the shattered glass that once belonged to a vial of red liquid. One knee on the floor, she grasped the hilt of the serrated dagger. My choices were clear. It was either death by the dagger or death by liquid Rosson. Yet, this showdown would end the same. With my death.

"Elizabeth, why do you want to be difficult?" Carina sighed, trailing one finger down the serrated side of the dagger. Nearly popping my eyes out from its socket, I pouted, "I'm sorry, babe. There are just so many options you've given me to end my life with. But I'm not particularly interested in any of them. Do you have anything less painful, less life-threatening?" Sarcastic, I know. However, I was about to die so at least let me do it with style. Besides, Carina was acting like she was asking me to pick an ice cream flavour and I was making a big fuss out of it. Her attitude was a big swipe left.