Chapter 7 - What time is it? Plot twist time

@ The Raindrop, White Mountains Academy

Monday afternoon

Elizabeth's POV

I took a deep breath in, inhaling the fragrant coffee bean smell that I have came to love. Shawn Mendes's Where Were You In The Morning playing softly in the background contributed to the relaxing atmosphere in the cafe, what a great way to start the week!

Two hours ago, I got out of shower to a black envelope on the ground. Someone must have slide it underneath the door when I was too busy singing in the shower. It contained the formal revised contract and a handwritten note. In a beautiful cursive handwriting, the note informs me to drop the signed contract off at the Tower, aka the Mietitore Office building, by the Dog hour.

I was about to give MJ a call back when I received a phone call from Carina. The good news she delivered made me forget about MJ's missed call entirely.

I could not believe my ears when Carina called to ask me if I am able to take up another shift at The Raindrop. I thought it was shut down for good since it received a closure notice from the school board, thanks to that bitch.

Maybe it is Angelo's way of apologising.

Nah, it can't be. That peacock doesn't know what an apology is.

I barely got out of Underrated before I puked all over the ground. Julian had added Mietitore's notorious drug created by their weapon master, the Arc, to the goddamn wine. The drug is called Rosson, an odourless and tasteless red powder which takes six hours to end a two-hundred pound grown man. It paralyses its victims almost immediately upon consumption and leaves them bleeding from their eyes, nose, ears and mouth in the last hour as they experience heart failure. Furthermore, the antidote only works for the first four hours. After four hours, no amount of antidote will serve its function and victims shall await death.

Only the leaders of the Mietitores have the actual antidote. The black market only sells imitations of the antidote and even those imitations are sold at a preposterous price. No matter how well-networked I am, my paralysed body would deter me from seeking help. I was bound to die yesterday.

Thank our creator for MJ's universal antidote pills that he forced me to carry around all the time. Since MJ have retired from active Mafia missions, he offered medicinal services to the Mafia world. His incredible knowledge of both medicines and poisons earned him good money, which he uses to pay for Emily's medical bills.

He practically nagged me into carrying it on me 24/7, and thank him for that. This baby have managed to negate most of the toxins. What is left would not be fatal, but for such a potent drug like Rosson, it is bad enough. Once I crawled back into my crib, the repeating rounds of dizziness, puking and fever had me sleeping through the whole Sunday night and Monday morning.

My break time came around so fast with the non-stop rounds of serving customers, making Instagram-worthy drinks and those lovely washroom runs. It is such a shame that I am not an actress. For my deathlike pallor will definitely guarantee me a top zombie role in The Walking Dead. The lack of colour on my face drove Carina nuts as she insisted that I should be resting and not waitressing at The Raindrop. Once the previous staff came back from her break, Carina excitedly shooed me away to go grab a bite.

"Get some food into your system and some colour back into your face or never come back!" She ordered before closing the door on me and cancelling the access on my card to both the front and back door of the Raindrop.

Yes, the glorious White Mountain Academy hands out student cards to all students. Students have to have a student card to get access to any facilities, including the toilets. Of course, school fees and statuses decides what facilities you get to have access to. Fucking absurd but that is the rule.