Chapter 21 - Governor's orders

Bon Appétit! :D

Elizabeth's POV

The sofa sank under my weight as I pushed myself into a sitting position. I must have fell asleep on the sofa while waiting for Angelo to come back.

After a whole afternoon of debating with myself, I concluded that I was overreacting to his gifts.

My second-hand gadgets were indeed slow and old. Not just Angelo, the other two boys had also expressed their intentions to get me new ones. As for the money, it could be payment for my services in investigating the murder cases.

Even if the way he expressed his apology was unusual, at least he had tried to do something about it. What more can one want from someone who has not had the need to apologise?

I told myself that Rafael, who is a royal prince, also never directly apologised. Why would the more arrogant Angelo Mietitore do something Rafael didn't do?

My rash anger left as fast as it came and my actions has pushed me into deep regret for the entire night. I got off the comfortable sofa and searched for Angelo in the entire house, wanting to apologise for my behaviour. Yet there were no signs of him coming back since yesterday afternoon, the house only had one occupant for the entire night.

I texted Julian to check if Angelo had stayed at The White Coffin but his reply was not to my delight.

I sighed and decided to make him some food in case he gets back, unsure of what else I can do for him. Making pasta, my mind drifted off to the possible places Angelo could have went. The guilt creeped back along with worry, could he have met with a mishap?

"Ow!" I regained focus on my chopping and saw fresh blood bleeding out from a deep cut on my index finger. Just as I was running my finger under the water, my phone buzzed.

Switching on the loudspeaker, I began opening the drawers in the kitchen, looking for a plaster.

Rafael: Aye Piccolo, how are you doing in the safe house?

Elizabeth: Um I managed to piss off your best friend within the hour I got here, so I would say I'm doing great?

Rafael: Impressive! *claps*

Elizabeth: You don't have the slightest idea where he went, do you?

Rafael: He could have went to his pub, The Red Devil. I'll ask them for you, don't worry Piccolo.

Elizabeth: Thanks, Raf.

Rafael: Anything for you. Anyways, I called because of a new lead. Can you meet me at the Mietitore Office at say, Monkey hour?

Elizabeth: See ya, Raf.

I slapped on the plaster excitedly, my body brimming with energy from the news of a new clue. I rushed through the pasta and put on the freshly washed white dress. It was my only clothing option unless I wanted to meet Rafael in my pyjamas which consisted of an oversized shirt and cotton shorts.

The chauffeur from the condo kept to himself as he drove me to the office building. I heaved a sigh as the condo offered chauffeuring services as part of their facilities, my worry of a lack of taxi was redundant.

"Raf!" I waved to the boy leaning against his matte black Lotus car. He gave me a bear hug like its been ten years since we last met, squashing me in his tight embrace.

"You look stunning, Piccolo." Rafael praised as he opened the car door for me.

"Bleh," I retorted his compliments, not used to getting one from anybody, much less from a royal prince.