Chapter 25 - Battle of the hearts

Bon Appétit! :D

Elizabeth's POV

"Come on, Raf. It's just a girl and one that you didn't sleep with!" I comforted Rafael, who had his head in his hands. A shocker, I know.

The ice pack was now liquid against the swelling bruise on my face, the biggest damage done to me in tonight's fight. My injuries were numbed out by the alcoholic drink in my hand as I accompanied Rafael at the bar of Cheese In The Trap. Black Bear was missing a fighter and I was not dumb enough to refuse money, hence I became the replacement.

The charming Valentine prince could only manage a smile when he congratulated me for taking out my opponent. After that, he remained blue and drowned his sorrows with alcohol.

I was just making a joke to get the unusually quiet prince to talk but he did not take it well. "Did you sleep with Angelo's girl by accident or what?" Rafael had spat his drink onto my face.

It was just this afternoon when Angelo introduced his girlfriend to Rafael and Julian at lunch when I was on duty in the Raindrop. Being in the Oracle's influence for so long,  I was spot on about Rafael being on very friendly terms with the red lady Angelo was officially dating.

Her name is Jessica Gold.

I would have asked Black Bear to put me up for another ten fights, if it didn't mean exposing my crush on Angelo. One of the rare example of having both brains and brawls, Black Bear was spectacularly sensitive when it comes to shit like this.

When I pointed out the different taste the two best friends had for girls, Rafael only whined that somehow Jessica Gold is the perfect specimen for their ideal type. She was the first one that the two best friends have both fell for.

I loved the feeling of my heart sinking down to my feet as the man I like and my close friend decide to fall for this pageant-winning goddess of a woman. 

"Do you really like her? Like you want to look at her every second of your life?" I had to make sure Rafael is sure about the feelings he had for Jessica. A moment of confusion could be fatal.

Rafael chuckled at me,"That sounds more of a creep than a person in love, Piccolo. Are you a-?" I spluttered embarrassingly under Rafael's amused stare. "I will have my five exes giving you a call if you want me to! Of course I have been in love before!"  Rafael communicated "nice try" with his pitiful eyes and annoying smirk as he took another sip.

I am a dead ass virgin of love, mastering the art of single life after nineteen years. And at the look of it, probably gonna be single for a hundred more years! How the hell am I suppose to know what does love feels like?

Before I could come up with more ways to convince Rafael that I had experience, he soberly said,"Jessica is just different from everyone else. She's very mature and understanding." I nodded to myself but hesitated to ask the next question.

According to Julian, Angelo had fallen deep for Jessica. He was putting everything aside for this girl, even the responsibilities he had dutifully took charge since birth. Everyone knows Angelo Mietitore values his friendship with Rafael as much as he did for his title as the Mietitore second-in-line, heir of the family.

Now, he had already forsaken the latter.

Would he give up on the former too?

While I'm no social butterfly, breaking a friendship since birth over a girl is a fucked-up thing to do. Worse, Rafael seems to be contemplating about the same thing too.

"Piccolo, you got a message." Rafael shook my iPhone in my face. It was a text from Carina, asking when we can visit Alexander again. I smiled, expecting her message. Carina never backed down from cold personalities when she makes friends, I am the best example.