Chapter 39 - Where I belong

Bon Appétit! :D

Elizabeth's POV

Opening my tired eyes forcefully, I saw blinding lights that made me close them again. Memories of what had happened a few hours ago replayed in my head and motivated me to get up and find answers or Black Bear.

The piercing pain was gone but I still felt ill. Sadly, my whole body weighed a ton and struggling was just pointless. I ignored the blinding lights and regained my vision, shielding my eyes with my hand. Fighting off the drugs' effect, I was about to rip off the IV drip connected to the vein on my left hand when the door slammed open.

No one noticed the awoken patient, aka me, as Black Bear and Angelo were too busy arguing. I stifled a yawn and took a sip out of the cup of cold water on the bedside table before pulling out the IV drip. Still resisting the urge to fall back into sleep, I took off with my leather jacket, old clothes and my phone, which someone has kindly put into a bag for me.

In the Mietitore's hospital gown, I walked in between the two men, still deep in their own argument and shut the door behind me. It took me about ten steps before the two men rushed out, frantically looking at the corridors spanning left and right. Morons.

"Elizabeth!" Angelo roared, his footsteps echoing in the corridor. I paused, recognising this place, it is a path I've always walked through to get to Rafael's private ward. Knowing that Dr. Greene's office is near, I sped up.

That night, my thoughts were jumbled up by Rafael being hypnotised and his attempts to kill me. I had thought she was just overreacting to my burnt scars and paid no further attention to her. It was no overreaction, Dr. Greene knows something about me.

I became an arrow of focus, determined to ask Dr. Greene about my scars and the painful nightmares I kept having. Nightmares or memories, I couldn't tell. Judging from the pain, I think it's more of the latter. However when I tried to recall the dream, a familiar pain shot through my head.

Momentarily, I lost my vision and squatted down onto the ground, incase I lose consciousness again. Someone loomed over me, blocking out the fluorescent lights in the corridor, offering me some relief. A light lavender scent told me it was Angelo who hooked his hands under my thighs and carried me in his arms to the ward where I came from.

"I need to talk to Dr. Greene, Angelo. It's important." I emphasised, tugging on his sleeve. The Mietitore prince only ignored me and tightened his grip. I scoffed at him and looked at Black Bear who was behind us. He threw me a grin and raised his phone to my face to show me a photo of a newborn. "Looks ugly." My brutal comment caused Angelo to let out a small chuckle, shaking his head.

Throwing my arms around his neck, I pulled myself closer to Angelo in an attempt to get a better look at Black Bear's phone. In my excitement, I only noticed the sender was Cody which meant that this was baby Mike. An ugly fellow but one who is alive and kicking. Happiness bloomed in my chest and I tucked my chin on Angelo's shoulder subconsciously, grinning like an idiot at the happy news.

Black Bear smiled with me but soon, frowned at something that I've missed. Following his line of vision, I turned to see a reddened ear. His ear was burning hot under my fingers and Angelo turned into a statue at my touch. "What's wrong?" I questioned the frozen prince, who went silent. After the ex warrior cleared his throat loudly, Angelo's long legs started to function again and quickly delivered me back onto the hospital bed.

"I'm fine." Angelo said emotionlessly, glaring at the ex warrior. The two of them started exchanging insults in Italian and making cuts across their necks with their thumbs, causing me to wonder who's the real newborn. I sighed and pulled out my two pistols, "End each other's misery or mine, I beg you."