Chapter 3 - Capturing the Sun

Bon Appétit! :D

Elizabeth's POV

"Why. Aren't. You. Working?" I yelled into my computer screen, the lack of response from Google Chrome triggering my temper. I call the telecomm company, but I knew exactly why the Internet was cut off. After coming to an agreement with the kind respondent lady that I will be paying my overdue bills once I get my hands on some money, she restored my Internet.

The Internet is obviously an essential tool for my hacking business. It is the only additional service I opt for my house. My house is as what Carina describes as a tiny and "looking like a jail cell" or as I preferred, a cosy one-room flat. It is practically a sleeping space with no TV service, no air-conditioner and no fridge. It is just a space for me to rest after fights, for me to hack without an extra pair of eyes watching.

I can barely pay my utilities bills at the moment and besides, there is no need for decorations or any personal touches. For there is no such thing as a home.

"Bruci come il sole anche se sei la morte." Angelo Mietitore's words got stuck in my mind like a broken recorder. It kept me up for one night already and will continue to do so for the remaining of my life, if I even have that much time left.

No one is foolish enough to use their real names in this dark world, unless they want to fend off attackers twenty four hours, seven days a week. My faux name in the Mafia world is Morte Del Sole, the death of the Sun. The Mafia world knows me as a male hacker who sells secrets of any kind, for the right price. No one has ever caught a glimpse of my face with all the deals done online and no one has ever heard my true voice.

I kept myself out of trouble by staying low-key, as common sense as that sounds. All clients are sworn to secrecy about me. For if they exposed me, they will find themselves losing everything with all that I know about them. I can only be found by those who know. Once you know, you only need to ask, to find me.

So far, all my clients are well-behaved. So how could Angelo have known? A shudder passed through me, indeed the Mietitores are as powerful as they are rumoured to be.

Angelo Mietitore probably already knows where I stay at, if he is able to get so much discreet information within such a short time. He is always playing with his preys, giving them false hopes until it's too late for them to escape the trap he has set up for them.

"Maybe I should run away when I still have my legs," I optimistically speak out loud and burst out laughing. It sounds even more idiotic than when it was in my head. I sighed as I got ready to go for a short run. My stomach whined in protest from the lack of food since last night. However, I ignored that and begin running in my beaten down Nikes that MJ's wife, Emily, has kindly gotten for me two years ago.

The more the fear and worry got to me, the faster I ran. It is my coping mechanism (and the cheapest option I have) as the wind brushing past my cheeks and my ragged breaths make me feel alive and filled with strength to fight for myself.

The combination of loud music from Spotify (which I hacked into, if not how could I afford it?) and the cooling wind that made me close my eyes was my Achilles' heel. Because the next moment, I'm grabbed by two large men, dressed in full black. They are so quiet for their build that I did not even have the time to scream before man in black one wearing sunglasses clamped his hand down on my mouth.

The second man in black wore a mask but his words is as clear as the day when he spoke. "Miss Vivere, please," his instructions succinct as he whipped out a serrated knife and gently pressed it against my stomach.

I looked around for any ways to get out of this but what the hell could I do against two large men? Also, why is there no one around on a damn Saturday afternoon? People need to start exercising for fuck's sake!

I nodded in response and the man muffling me slowly removed his hands. He quickly switched to holding my wrists behind my back while the other man kept his serrated knife. I looked down and saw the tattoo on the man in black number two's left hand. It is a hooded angel with wings outspread and a death scythe in its hands.

The Mietitore family's symbol.

Thankfully I have not eaten anything, if not I am sure it will all come out in a nice puddle of vomit.

I stomped my leg on the man in black number one and threw my head back into his nose. His sunglasses cried out a loud cracking sound. In his moment of pain, his grips loosened and I ran immediately to get as far away from them as possible, because dying in the hands of the Mietitore family is not on my bucket list. Ever.

However, I could feel my strength leaving me after not eating and running for almost three miles. My thighs burn and my panting got heavier, soon the masked man caught up to me. The masked man got hold of me and lifted me across his shoulder, moving quickly to a classic kidnapper's van. He dropped me in the backseat and quickly cable-tied my wrists together before I could break free. Sadly, he was able to dodge all my kicks and managed to cable-tie my legs too.

"I PRAY THAT YOU GET EXPLOSIVE DIARRHOEA ALL DAY LONG FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, YOU MOTHERFUC-" Knowing that my screams would not stop, the masked man whipped out duct tape and shut me up. "Damn girl, you got a real nasty mouth. My mama would beat the crap out of me for saying that..." The masked man muttered under his breath.

My body shuddered in panic. I can't just die now! I haven't even see The Lion King yet or any Disney films for that matter!

"Damn it, Lucius. She almost got away because you didn't hold her well!" The masked man reprimanded loudly. "No Julian, it's your fault that you didn't hold her well!" Lucius argued as he slide the door close behind him. The man had put on another pair of sunglasses, like who does that? But I was proud to see him holding a blood-stained tissue under his nose, it puts Rudolph's nose to shame.

The masked man tapped on the glass shutter separating the front and back seats, signalling for the driver to start the van. At this point of time, I have turned into a pile of screaming jelly, kicking Julian with my bounded feet. He sighed and said," Miss Vivere, our boss only wants to have a chat with you. Please stop fighting and we won't hurt you."

What am I? A gullible child?

I just kept doing whatever damage I can.

"Then, pardon me for doing this." Lucius said and knock me out with one strike to the back of my head.

Lucius is ever ready with his sunglasses, hahaha XD
Thank you for reading and see you in the next chapter! :)