Chapter 51 - Mafia's prom

6K reads, you guys are amazing! :D Thank you!
Bon Appétit!

Elizabeth's POV

A raw, husky voice breathed into my ear. "Wake up, Elizabeth."

I curled up, my mind instantly tuning into a level of high alert. Who was this man uttering such simple words in such a sinful manner? Before I could turn around, a veiny arm locked me in his warm embrace and someone laid his head in the crook of my neck.

Soft kisses lined up my neck as a set of full lips travelled from my collar bone. Nipping at my jaw, the foreign lips edged towards my own pair. A pair of icy blue eyes absorbed me and Angelo's cocky smirk caused my heart to explode.

Just like you, I really wanted this to be real.

"Angelo, we're coming in!" A loud voice echoed in the room. I sat up in a morning daze, still  trying to differentiate reality and fantasy. The Mietitore prince peeked out from the bathroom, shampoo foam clouding his wet hair. "Fuck!" The prince exclaimed, wrapping a towel around his hips. He ran out of the bathroom just as the main door's handle was pushed down.

Everything happened at doubled speed afterwards.

His glance shifted from the door to me as Rafael stepped in, adorned in a purple suit. Other than Yan, the three other Yilian brothers trailed behind the Valentine prince. Each of them wearing blood-red and silver, but in their own styles. I could only let out a yell of surprise and roll off the bed, throwing the thick blanket over my own head.

Yet, it was too late because the last thing I did before I landed on the floor was making eye contact with Rafael. "Boys, we shall backtrack and let these lovebirds get ready. Together." Rafael declared, and I was so glad to know that I was the source of amusement in his tone.

Resounding cheers followed his words, interrupting Angelo's efforts to clear the air. Angelo were shushed at every attempt of making a sound and before he could get a word in, Rafael continued. "Come on, cockblocks. We'll meet you at the buffet." That being said, the noisy boys left.

When I processed the idea to explain myself, the group of unsolicited boys were missing from sight. Only Angelo and I remained in the room, at a loss of words or actions. Minutes of awkward silence only lured me back to sleep and I jumped back into bed. "Don't fall back to sleep, Elizabeth." Angelo instructed, padding to the wardrobe.

The prince hooked five bags onto his right wrist and dropped them down on the space before the bed. Easily pulling me up from the bed, he dragged me to the bags. "Put together an appropriate outfit. Give me twenty minutes, I'm nearly done." The prince told, simultaneously walking back to the bathroom. How is twenty minutes qualified as nearly done? I snickered at the retreating figure.

Peering into the bags, there were makeup, boxes of shoes, dresses and jewellery looking back at me. I poured all the items onto the bed and arranged them accordingly. It were options put together by a team of people. The varying sexiness of each dress told me that men and women had shopped for my possible outfits.

"Why do I have to wear like I'm going to prom?" I rattled the bathroom's door. The Crossing felt more like homecoming than deadly men and women discussing matters of great importance. "Formality, Elizabeth." Angelo's voice passed through the door.

I clicked my tongue at it, do we need such a thing when the conversations had throughout the Crossing talk about crimes and deaths? "Can't I be the odd one out and wear t-shirt and jeans?" It took Angelo awhile to reply and when he did, it was with a snicker.

"It would be a sight to die for, to see you piss off the governor. But. You carry my family name, Elizabeth, even if it's temporary. Another time, you will get your chance to shine. Now, go and pick an outfit." Angelo held finality in his tone and gave me a knock on the door, from his side. It sprung me out of my thoughts at the mention of the governor and off I went.