Home

2 1/2 months later

"You alright, darling?"

"Yeah, just a little tired I guess."

Now that Tom's play is taking a break before their residency on broadway in New York, and they've been taking the time to clear out his apartment in LA and transport his things to the house.

"How many more days do we have to do this?" He laughs.

"Just one more day...today and then we're all set. The house is already on the market and at this point it's just waiting and formalities."

"Thank God we've been unpacking at the house. You're carrying the rest of the books up the stairs. Last time I almost died." She flops on the floor after putting the last book in the box, staring at the ceiling as he laughs at her again.

"You're officially done for the day?"

"I was done when we started." She turns her head and stares at him, he's looking extra tall from her place and as beautiful as usual. He makes her stomach turn with how much she loves him and she can't wait until they're back home later so she can just lay with him in their bed. Their bed. It makes her happier the longer she thinks about it.

"Danielle keeps sending my suit options for the wedding."

"That's because I keep ignoring her when she wants to go dress shopping."

"Why do you keep ignoring her pleas to go dress shopping?" She narrows her eyes as she turns back to look at the ceiling. There's a perfect reason why she doesn't want to go dress shopping but she doesn't really want to say it because she's afraid it will hurt his feelings. "Samaria? What is it?"

"Nothing."

"You said you would quit that." She takes a deep breath. "You getting cold feet?"

"No. Of course not. That's not it at all." She hears his footsteps as he moves over to her and she opens her eyes just in time to see him sink to the floor next to her out of the corner of them.

"Then what is it, darling?"

Not darling. Anything but darling.

"I don't want to go dress shopping because it's seems so...weird."

"Weird?"

"When it comes to getting married I wouldn't be bothered at all if we just put on some nice clothes and went to the courthouse. Something quick. But I know that's not what you wanted and when you thought about getting married you wanted a ceremony. And there's...nothing wrong with that because it's what you want and I want to do this for you but...it's just not something that I like." She confesses before sitting up. She avoids his eyes and messes with a string on her jeans. "You'll have a lot of people there and it'll be nice but I don't really have anyone, you know? You guys are my family and that's it. My parents families completely disowned them when they got together and I've never known them. They didn't even come to the funerals. My side will be practically empty. And all of this...I've been trying to ignore it but this is just bringing feelings forward that I've been trying to push back."

"Why'd you wait to tell me this, hm? I thought we were trying to be more honest with each other?"

"I want you to enjoy this. I wanted to be a good fiancé and give you this because you deserve it."

"You're a great fiancé. Darling I wouldn't think you were a less than great fiancé if you told me. This is our wedding day, the last thing I want is for you to be upset. It kind of defeats the purpose." She looks at him then.