Angels

SAM

She wakes up before he does.

The sun shines through the windows of his room and blinds her momentarily before she clicks the button to close them. She stretches; sliding out from under his arm to stand up, moving to grab a shirt and some shorts. She goes to brush her teeth and wash her face; trying to ignore the glow she's got. When she gets to Ravyn's room, she's up and bright eyed; moving around.

Her heart swells.

"Hi pretty baby." She picks her up and holds her close; kissing her cheeks. The baby stretches out; doing the biggest yawn she's ever seen. "That was a big yawn. You ready to eat?" She encased her in one arm; moving downstairs to the kitchen to grab a banana before sitting on the couch. While she's breastfeeding she stares down at Ravyn like she's seeing her for the first time.

Her daughter is the most beautiful baby on the planet. She's not just saying that because she's hers but because she really is. She looks so much like her it's ridiculous. The only thing Tom's got going for him is her ears. Those are definitely his but everything else is her. Therefore she is the cutest baby in the world.

She's sweet like Tom is though;that much she can tell. And her laugh sounds a little like his if that's even possible. And-

Her phone rings and she picks it up.

"Hello?"

"Samaria you need to turn on the TV right now."

"Okay Marlo, What am I looking for?"

"I'll let you know when you turn it on." She cradles the baby in her arm and the phone in the crook of her shoulder; leaning to grab the remote before settling back into the couch. She switches it on; being met with the sight of Amy plastered across it.

Holy shit.

"What is she doing on TV?"

"She's doing a tell all interview about Tom and you."

"Me? What would she say? We've only met like twice. We haven't ever extensively talked; how could she talk about me?"

"Well she is. She's been all over E news and even good morning America."

"You've got to be kidding me. It's only nine!"

"She's been busy apparently."

"God. Okay, damage control of course and bracing for what's surely coming. Keep the team-"

"This isn't the only thing happening."

"What else could be happening?"

"They have pictures of you, Tom, and Ravyn."

It feels like she might pass out.

"What...is she doing on the news?" She jumps slightly when Tom's raspy morning voice pops up behind her. She turns to see him staring at the TV, she takes a moment stare at his naked chest and pajama pants slung low on his hips.

"She's...doing a tell all about you." his phone starts ringing off the hook. He sits down on the edge of the couch.

"Marlo I need you to um, give me a moment while I try to figure it out. Just brace yourselves for this...its not going to be pretty for a while."