Some Time

-Three Years Later-

SAM

"I think if you move the picture over there it opens the page up more. Did you get my notes on the banner?"

"Yeah, I restarted the draft. Clean slate and started working from there. I think I should be done in a few days."

"Take your time. I don't want to rush anything. When I come back. Good work so far, you're doing great. Call me if you have any more questions."

"No problem. Have a good trip!"

"I will! See you soon." They hang up and she zips her suitcase up.

"An entire week with your baby daddy and kid. Sounds fun." Alaina smirks at her from the bed.

"Shut up. It's family time. I thought it would be nice if he could see Ravyn for his birthday and him for her's. We spend time, we come back."

"Last time you went there it was that entire issue and the time before that you came back with a baby. I put nothing past your visits."

"That was years ago. We let it go and we've moved on. There's no reading into it and no secrets. It's a friendly surprise that I arranged."

"Did you pack your good underwear just in case?"

"Granny panties all the way."

"You don't own granny panties."

"My less sexy, cotton ones are the only ones I've packed."

"Like that's ever stopped you."

"Nothing is going to happen."

"It's his birthday, why not? Special occasion."

"Nothing. Now, don't you have something to do? Like putting on some shoes and shit so you can drive us to the airport?"

"That only takes a second. Like you giving it up." She throws a pillow at her before putting the suitcase down by the doorway.

"Mommy we gotta go! Daddy's gonna wait." Ravyn wines, coming in the room to stare at her.

"It's auntie that's taking forever. She doesn't even have her shoes on."

"You snitch, now I'm gonna get in trouble."

****************

She stands back and stares at the balloons she put up in the living room. It has to be nice because it's the first thing he'll see when he walks in the door. She looks around at all the other balloons as well and she wonders if she went overboard. She feels like he deserves to have a really good birthday because everyone deserves to have a good one. And because he's Tom and she wants him to feel special.

"Do you think we got too much balloons?"

"No mommy we need more." She looks down at Ravyn and smiles.

"I don't think we can fit anymore in here."

"But daddy will want more!" She jumps, a big smile on her face as she looks up at everything.

"Well at least he has a lot and if he wants more we'll get more, but only if he says so. Did you put the bow on Bobby?"

"Yeah...what about the cake mommy? Did you get the cake?"

"Yeah we have the cake and all your decorations on it. Remember we did that already."

"When's he coming home? Taking long." She leans against her, wrapping her arms around her legs and looking up at her. She picks her up and kisses her cheek.