Wait For It

-a few hours later-

TOM

The road is nowhere near close to being finished. She told her assistant that she would just have to stay for the night. She's fallen asleep; finally letting the Jetlag get to her. She's been asleep for hours. She looks so peaceful, he practically tip toes around the entire bus in order to make sure she doesn't wake up. She deserves to sleep as long as she wants.

He gives her the room so she can be comfortable and he takes the couch and sort of just hangs around. Luke had gone back to his own trailer for the night so the bus is quiet accept for the tv that's on low.

He can't sleep.

He doesn't know why; given he's been up since about three the previous morning doing filming and things. Maybe it's the fact that he knows she's there with him. His body always becomes wired when she is around and he doesn't understand that.

He also understands that he can't touch her.

Not necessarily in the physical sense but more on a professional level. They can't be together because of her reputation and his. It wouldn't be good at all. But the idea is always tempting and he does know that he likes her a lot. Wants her a lot too. And there's his dilemma; always wanting the women he can't have.

It might have been easier if he weren't signed to her. But that didn't matter now because he had a contract and half of the things he's done are because of her help. Leaving just so he can have her wouldn't be good for his career either.

"Tom?" He sort of jumps up from the couch at the sound of her voice. She's standing at the doorway of the room in nothing but his sweater and boxers; her curls falling messily from her ponytail.

"Yes?"

"I didn't mean to scare you." There goes the silk voice again.

Shit.

"You didn't. Are you alright?"

"Yes. I was wondering if I could talk to you about something?"

"Sure..." He wonders idly if she just woke up and needed to talk. Is she sleep walking?

She pads out to sit on the couch next to where he was and waits. He sits down and turns toward her.

"I've only been up for a few minutes but I've been thinking about something. I have an...idea...a proposal if you will."

"A proposal?"

"Yes. Now you know that I am for lack of a better word, somewhat your boss. I help you. You're one of my clients but you have been more like a friend the past couple of months."

A friend? Typical.

"Oh...it's nothing."

"You and me are a bit more close than I am with my other clients and I know that you like me. A little more than the professional aspect. But I have this thing where I can't necessarily get involved with anyone because of the nature of my job. I'm busy all the time and even when I'm supposed to be sleeping I'm working. This is where my proposal comes in."