Let Me Down

-1 week later-

SAM

She's trying her best to get back to normal schedule.

Life doesn't stop moving for a break up. It shouldn't and she won't let it. She won't dwell on it so naturally she fills her days with work and Ravyn. Ravyn and work. That's all she has time for.

"That contract won't work. It's not a good offer and no one in their right mind would take it. We gurantee all the things we can or it's just pointless."

"So what do you want me to do?" She bites her lip snd taps her pen against her thigh. Ravyn starts to fuss in her playpen and she gets up from the meeting table to get her; shushing her slightly as she rocks in place.

"Put an extra emphasis on our press junket and our marketing. Tell them we have the best agents on board and wider connections for potential advancements." Aria, the head of drafting contracts, nods.

"Next?"

"The Amy situation has calmed down significantly. No major spikes and no new interviews so far." Alex, head of PR speaks up

Ravyn wines a little more and she kisses her head; moving her so she's laid in the crook of her arm and she can bounce her a little. She wonders idly what time it is and if she needs to eat.

"Yeah. That's good."

"What do you want us to do?"

"Don't even bother shadowing it anymore. It's done and over with. I think that's it for today,we'll pick up with the rest on monday." She gives a mall smile to Ravyn but doesn't look up, waiting till she hears everyone's footsteps and the door close to take a deep breath.

"Me and you." She murmmures, rubbing her cheek. She moves over to the other side of the room to start fixing a bottle when Marlo walks in.

"Hey!"

"Hey Marlo, how was vacation?" As soon as she had come back from London she told Marlo to take a long vacation. At first she wouldn't but she convinced her to take off for a week.

"Beautiful...romantic. So much to look at, it was paradise."

"Good. I'm glad you had fun. You deserved it." She keeps her eyes on her task.

"You were so bent on me going on vacation, you never told me how visiting Tom's parents went." She checks the bottle before giving it to Ravyn, keeping her hand close because she hadn't quite gotten the hang of holding it herself.

"Long flight there, dinner that ended in Tom fighting with his father, he showed me London and then after a night of sex we found out Amy is pregnant. Then he broke it off."

"He what?"

"Yeah Marlo, he did." She walks over to the couch and sits down;cradling Ravyn a little closer.

"This makes no sense."

"Can I tell you something, honestly? Friend to friend?" She looks up as Marlo nods and comes to sit by her. "I love him. You know that. With all of me. And it's something it's taken me forever to come to terms with that. The idea of loving someone in that way. And of all the times I told myself I would never let anyone get this close to me...he did."