40 From disposable fun

Start from the beginning

"Hey you with the backpack!" Another guy shouted, this time annoyed. I debated whether I should stop or not. I could run for it, but I was too far to make it to the clinic and there were three of them. Odds were not in my favour.

"Ah, who me?" I turned around and kept walking backwards as they approached, pointing to myself and raising my brows.

"No, the guy next to you. Yeah you! What's in the bag?" The first guy was sarcastic and pointed to me with an interested look. He was wearing a hoodie and a pair of faded camo khakis.

"Why don't you stop and hang out with us." The second guy said with a grin. The third guy snickered and took a drag of his cigarette.

"Ah sorry, I can't. I'll be late for work. I gotta get a move on or my boss'll freak shit." I stuck my thumb over my shoulder to the direction I was walking. I ignored the first guy's words and sized up the other two.

One was in a Henley that had seen better days, and the other a beat up leather jacket over a wife-beater. The scrawny smoker in the Henley I could take, if he didn't pull a knife. The other guy was jacked though, and I might not outrun him.

"Who you workin' for?" The first guy asked with narrowed eyes. I hesitated to answer and at that moment I saw my car pull up with a revving of the engine. I never felt such relief in my life. I stopped walking and went over to the passenger side.

"Shit, that's a car." The guy with the cigarette commented. Sasha rolled down the window slowly and all eyes were on him.

"Get in. You'll be late." He drawled with a thick accent. I wanted to kneel in front of him and suck him off right there. I opened the door and slid into the seat without a word. He drove off with only a passing look at the other three. They looked shocked.

"Sorry Sasha Sir." I bowed my head and I felt his hand ruffle my hair affectionately.

"It's fine. Was my fault." He clipped in an annoyed tone, but when I looked over at him he glanced over to smile at me reassuringly.

"Thanks for rescuing me." I smiled back. He nodded as he focused on the road. Even circling the block was faster than me walking, so I was going to be on time.

"I told you I am always right, Lukas. It's dangerous. You are lucky I got there before they tried anything." He said back. I licked my lips and then nodded, because he was right. This time.

"What happened? Are your parents okay? You weren't hurt?" I remembered to ask as we pulled up to the building. I looked at him with a worried face. He looked a little dismayed.

"Yes, yes, everyone is fine. I forgot my phone charger and my parents didn't have a spare. I will put their number in your phone tonight. Like I said, my fault." He growled and waved his hand dismissively. I grinned and shook my head.

"Okay, well I have to go in now." I got out of the car and he surprisingly got out with me. I watched him walk to the front of the car and pull me in to him possessively.

"Have a good morning at work. I will make your favourite for dinner to make it up to you." He promised with a gentle smile. He then stroked my hair, and placed a sweet kiss on my lips. I stood stone-faced for a second before returning it and hugging an arm around his waist.

"Thank you Sasha Sir. You have a good day too." I replied dazedly. He grinned and let me go, pushing me towards the veterinary office.

"I will. Go. See you later." He got back in the car and I stumbled to the door, only managing a nod and wave. He only pulled away once I was inside the building. I had a small smile on my face when I went through to my desk.

I felt like a silly school girl in a bad anime, wanting to squeal, touch my mouth, and vow to never wash it. I snorted at myself and shook my head. I got to work and it occurred to me that Dickhead co-worker wasn't hurling abuse at me yet.

I glanced over at his desk, and he was sitting ramrod straight in his chair with a frown on his face. He glanced over at me with a cool, considering look. Still not a word. I took it as angels descending from heaven to answer my prayer.

We worked in silence for most of the two hours, which was much better in my opinion than it had been before. Just before he moved to leave, he looked over at me again and just stared for a full minute.

"Is something wrong?" I asked carefully. I glanced at him and he seemed to be debating saying anything.

"Your boyfriend has a nice car." He said in that same rude tone as before, making it sound like less of a compliment. Then he got up and grabbed his bag to leave.

"Ah, thanks. I'll tell him." I replied as though it hadn't sounded like an accusation, and wasn't my car. I even smiled at him. He just made a huffing noise and stormed out the front.

"Dickhead." I added after the door slammed shut.

1669