24 Baby, Please

My birthday this year was going to be the best day of my life. Or at least that was what I hoped. I had been looking forward to it with a vengeance. After all, it would be the first time in these long ass months that I could legally talk to Sasha without my parent's interference.

I stayed up the night before until the clock read 12:01 and then refused to let go of my phone. Then I recalled that Sasha had started working for a security company back in his home city and might not be awake.

I didn't sleep very well though. Tossing and turning seemed to be my lot as I thought about what I might say. Wait, would he phone me or text me? I hoped I could hear his voice. I missed his bossy tone when he told me to go do something.

That's how you know you really love someone, right? When they can boss you around and you think about how sexy they sound before you get pissed off about them telling you what to do? I mean, I listened to him too. That in itself was a miracle.

I made it a habit to run around the estate now. I think he would be proud of me for that. Just hearing him tell me how good I was being was something I was looking forward to. Even my marks in school were pretty good.

Maybe I could get another reward when I saw him in person next. It was too much to ask for him to visit, and I didn't want to break the uneasy truce I had with my parents right now anyways.

They didn't bother me, and I didn't bother them. I stayed friends with Jessica, hung out with her and Ames on the weekends sometimes, and they finished the games room so I had something to do at home too.

It wasn't perfect, but it was livable for the foreseeable future. The newest bodyguard was less of a douche than the last one too. He didn't follow me to the can, and left me alone at the house. Tolerable. We had a truce too.

I'm not sure when I drifted off that night, but I awoke with a start when my phone began buzzing and singing in my hand. It was Ames. I answered and listened to her off-key singing of the birthday song with a bleary grimace.

"You sound like a dying cat." I grumbled, still holding the phone away from my ear as her upbeat voice answered back.

"How are you still sleeping!? Get up! Get dressed! You are finally of age. Just think, now you can go get sexy time with that hunky bodyguard of yours." I could see her smirk and waggling brow practically through the phone with her tone of voice.

"Too early. It's too early for all of this Ames. Please have mercy on me. I couldn't sleep last night." I complained.

"Only if you tape it." She chirped back with a giggle. I rolled my eyes.

"Not happening." I said deadpan. She started to whine. I had no idea this friend of mine would turn into such a rotten "gay's best friend" after I came out. Her support was appreciated, but her encouragement was creepy.

"Anyways, any word from him yet?" She asked with a complete switch up. I cleared my throat.

"Not yet." I said sadly. She awed.

"It's okay. It's still early yet." She said with a suddenly guilty voice. I scrunched my brows.

"What do you mean...." I pulled my head back and looked at my phone screen. "What the hell Ames! It's six o'clock in the morning. How could you do this to me?" I groaned.

"I was just excited... I wanted to be the first to wish you a happy birthday, you know?" She said consolingly.

"I don't care. I'm hanging up." I replied. I could hear her apologising and pleading for me to stay on the line, but I still hit the 'end call' button. "Crazy biotch." I mumbled as I rolled over to go back to sleep. I was smiling though.