38 If you despise

When we got to the restaurant blocks away from the apartment, I was pleasantly surprised by the quaint interior. It had old movie posters on the walls and red leather booths with checkered table cloths.

We were shown into a side room though, a small party room with only two other occupants. One was a rather tall man with fake blond hair and too much jewelry. The other was a very petite woman in a plain dress.

The contrast had me internally raising a brow, but I let Sasha lead me to the couple without a word. I could tell from his body language that he wasn't expecting the room or the other person.

"Demyan. I didn't realise you were bringing a date." He shook the man's hand and the guy grinned like a snake. He was all teeth and no sincerity. I was a bit nervous as I saw his eyes flick to me.

"Aleksandr. I thought it was only fair since you were. Introduce me." His eyes didn't leave me. I stood close to Sasha so his warmth would reassure me.

"This is Lukas. My boyfriend. Lukas, this is my boss. Demyan." He said with a short tone. I was a little surprised he was being a bit... rude almost. The guy laughed at his words and held out his hand to shake.

"Please! Aleksandr you don't have to stand on ceremony. I am also his older cousin and we are best friends. He has told me so much about you." He took my hand and just held it instead of shaking it.

"Nice to meet you." I replied. I purposefully shook it up and down awkwardly. I saw Sasha's frown turn into a grin suddenly.

"Who is this." He asked, pointing to the woman slightly. Demyan gestured for his date to come forward.

"Ah, this is Crissy. She is my sub. I hope you don't mind." He held her shoulders from behind and she looked at us curiously.

"Demyan... I thought I said..." Sasha stared at him hard and he just grinned mischievously and shrugged.

"What? It's fine, right?" He was looking at me and I just brushed off their argument as between them. Sasha sighed.

"Whatever. As long as you are paying for dinner." He pulled out a seat for me and I sat down when he gestured. He sat next to me and handed me a menu. I looked over the choices and pointed to one with a raised brow. "Yes, that is good. Get extra sauce."

"He is quite cute. I can see why you like him Alek." The other man teased from across the table. I frowned a bit at the term. How the hell was I cute? I didn't like this guy saying it anyways.

"Don't make it awkward Demmy." Sasha shot back. The waitress had come in and looked at them uncomfortably. "We'll have this, and this. Extra sauce for both. I'll have a glass of red." He looked at me.

"I'll have a Coke." I told the waitress. She smiled at us and then moved to the others. The guy, Demmy whatever, ordered for both of them too. He didn't let the woman pick her drink though.

"May I have a Coke too?" I heard her whisper. Demmy ignored her completely and turned to Sasha to speak.

"Congratulations on your promotion. Uncle was quite right to hire you into the company. You have been invaluable." He said loudly and banged the table slightly. The woman jumped a little and I sympathised.

He talked back and forth to Sasha while we were waiting, completely ignoring the two of us. He was loud, obnoxious really if I was telling the truth, and I couldn't see how the two of them were friends.

Sasha was so gentlemanly, quiet and reserved in comparison. Maybe it was a case of opposites, or maybe it was because they were family? I wasn't sure. I admired my boyfriend's patience though.

"Well boy?" Demmy's voice rose and his eyes were cutting as it brought me back to the conversation. I blushed a little.

"Uhm, sorry I wasn't paying attention. Could you repeat the question please?" I said politely. He narrowed his eyes at me and didn't say a word. I was confused. Did he want to ask me a question or not?

"You forgot the 'Sir.'" He said with a frown. I started at the statement. What the hell? I set my resolve and didn't meet Sasha's eyes, staring right back at his cousin without backing down.

"No, I did not. Sasha is the only person I call 'Sir.' He has earned it." I replied firmly. We stared at each other for another second before Demmy smiled at me. He nodded.

"Okay. Good. I asked if you liked your new job." His voice seemed to change, and I relaxed slightly. I smiled back.

"Yes. I like it a lot, thank you. The animals are really cute and my coworkers are nice." I looked at Sasha then, and he was looking back at me with a grin. He ruffled my hair a bit, but then the waitress came in with the food.

It was really good. I mean so good I wanted thirds. Sasha was right to ask for more sauce, because it was heavenly. I dipped the garlic bread in it, and ate way too much. I groaned when I sat back.

"Did you like it?" Sasha asked me. He was running his hands over the back of my neck and playing with my hair. I nodded and covered a burp.

"It was so good, Sir." I told him with a slight blush. He chuckled and nodded.

"Yes, it is a good place. One of my favourites." He told me quietly while the other two finished eating.

"Quit making eyes at each other. I'm almost done, and then you can take your man home and bang him." He pointed at us across the table and I rolled my eyes. Sasha squeezed my neck, and I looked over at him with an 'oh please.'

"Do you want dessert?" Sasha asked me. I shook my head.

"No thank you. I am stuffed, Sir." I rubbed my belly a little. The woman made a noise and I looked over at her. She was frowning.

"Keep quiet Crissy." Demmy said in a cold voice. She glared at him for a second, then looked away.

"May I go to the bathroom Sir?" She said in a bland voice. He stared at her for a minute and then agreed.

"Fine. Go." He shooed her away. She stomped out of the room and I watched her with raised brows.

"What was that all about?" I wondered.

"She's a throwaway sub. She's probably just pouting because you have an amazing boyfriend and she doesn't." Demmy replied with a nonchalant air.

"Aren't... aren't you her boyfriend? Or... her Master?" I asked hesitantly. He laughed at the questions.

"God no. I'm her 'Master of the week', that's all. I picked her up at a bar. I'm not too happy with her performance tonight though." He mused after he downed the last of his own wine. He had a bottle compared to Sasha's one glass.

"That's why you shouldn't have brought her. Next time it's just the three of us, or I'm walking out." Sasha told him firmly. Demmy shrugged and nodded.

"Fine, fine. I was just jealous because you were bringing your sub." He pointed at me. Sasha's face darkened.

"He is my boyfriend first, Demmy. You should try commitment some time." His words were firm and warmed me to my heart. I smiled at him and he winked at me.

"No. I'll leave it to you. You seem better at it."

1295