23 I Keep Crying

When we pulled up to my house, the cops were there. I think it was at that moment I realised just how much trouble I could have gotten Sasha into if they had found me at his home.

Even though he was right, I didn't have to like it. I got out of the car and completely ignored my parents as they rushed over to me. I turned around and bent over to talk to my sexy man in the car.

"Don't forget your promise. I expect you to show up as soon as graduation is over." I said quietly. He nodded and gave me a glance.

"Sir, can you step out of the car." One of the officers said with a frown. I turned around and glared at my parents.

"What the hell have you been telling people now? If you don't let him drive away right this instant... I am just going to keep running away until you understand that the problem is YOU." I pointed at the two people who claimed to be my parents.

"Lukas, stop being dramatic. Get inside. You are grounded." My father said with a frown. I scoffed at him.

"I'm not going inside until I speak to the officers about what is permissible for parents when it comes to the freedom of their children." I replied with a narrowed eyes and serious face.

"Honey, can't this wait until later. We can talk about it." My mother tried to save the situation nervously.

"Yeah right. Like we talked about you using me for your business?" I said with a smirk. She looked away from me and the cops seemed really interested in what I had to say.

"Are you okay kid? Do you need to speak with us privately?" The woman in uniform asked with a suspicious look at my parents now. Sasha had listened to the cops and was leaned against his car with a lazy posture.

"This is a family issue; we'll take care of it." My father said with a warning look in my direction.

"I think I should take your card, just in case things don't improve here." I gave a warning glance at my father. He looked upset. I didn't care.

"Sure. Call us if you feel like you are in any danger, or if you just need to talk." The guy said easily.

"I will. Go easy on him, he just brought me home. He's a good guy." I said nonchalantly. I stepped passed all of them and went into the house. I hated to be back, but it was probably the right decision.

"What do you think you are trying to pull?" My father's voice intruded on my quiet reverie. He stood over me in all his raging glory and I just snorted.

"You guys crossed the line. I don't care how rich or powerful you think you are. If you lock me up again I won't just run away again, I'll call the authorities. Oh and I won't date someone just for your business." I stated firmly.

"Please. You think this pathetic attempt at superiority is going to work with me?" He spat back, getting right in my face. I had an epiphany and smiled up at him.

"You're right. You can probably just bribe the cops. I'll go to the media instead. Great idea Dad. It would be a shame if your reputation was ruined by little old me, would it?" I batted my eyelashes up at him as his face turned red in anger. He raised his arm with his fist balled up.

"Dear. Could you at least wait until the officers have left the property?" My mother's dry voice called from the door. He stopped short and lowered his hand with venom in his eyes.

"This isn't over." He growled at me. I frowned, because I knew he was right. I had months of this fight left before I could leave.

"Yes, it is." This time my mother spoke up. I looked at her in surprise. She was looking down at her phone. She showed the post on her feed to both of us. It was a shot of the cops and us outside our house.

That was fast. Looks like the media already caught wind of the goings on here. The headline was boring but the article was wondering if there was trouble at our house. It was innocent and incriminating at the same time.

"You are both on your best behaviour. You," She pointed at me. "Are to attend school and act like a good son. And you," She pointed at my father. "Are to keep your temper under wraps and ignore him until this blows over."

We glared at each other. He finally made a dismissive "che" noise and left the room. I slumped in my seat and looked over at my blank faced mother. I supposed I should thank her.

"Don't thank me yet. If this ruins our plans with Jessica's father, then you will have a lot to make up for." She said as though reading my mind. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"I'll deal with Jessica for you. Last favour for letting it go with Sasha?" I glanced at her. She sniffed but nodded.

"Fine. Get your phone from security." She waltzed out of the room. I sighed and slapped my legs, getting back up out of my seat. I stared at the ceiling, thinking for a second.

It wasn't impossible to fix things with her. I only had to make a few apologetic phone calls and complain about my parents being too strict to smooth things over. We decided to be friends, which was fine with me.

Things were better than they had been, but still weighed heavily on me. I didn't get much from the Chef in terms of news about Sasha. He wasn't a big talker, and I wanted to know everything.

School was a chore. I just went through the motions like a zombie when I was there. I wasn't bad, but I wasn't a perfect student either. I didn't want to be there. I hated that I still had a bodyguard trailing after me who wasn't Sasha.

Ames was there to talk to, don't get me wrong. But it wasn't until I was alone in my empty room, staring at the ceiling that I truly let the emotions run over me. It was the only place that I could almost see him.

The time we spent the most in this house together was here in this room. It was where I met him in the mornings. It was where we played video games at night. It was where we hugged. It was where I realised how much I love him.

I would only miss this room when I left, but then I would actually have him. It would be even better. Even if I was poor, or had to work hard every day, it would be so worth it to me.

They say that you can't eat on love. Maybe that is true. But then... you can't truly feel alive without it.

1192