14 You Belong to Me

I stared down at the test on my desk and sighed. It was going to be easy if my first glance was anything to go by. I scribbled answers in the blank spots quickly with very little pause in between.

Sometimes it really paid to have a tutor. Mostly when I was being tutored it felt like a pain in the ass. Times like this though I supposed I was grateful for the opportunities my parents paid for. Sometimes the cost was beyond what I was willing to pay though.

I grabbed my crutches and hobbled up to the front with my test pages, laying them on the desk. The teacher looked up at me in surprise and I sighed as I bent down to grab my book bag off the floor from the pile of them at the front of the class.

"Are you sure you don't want to look over your answers one more time...?" She asked with a narrowed gaze. I smirked as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Naw I'm good thanks. Have a good afternoon, teach." I hobbled to the door and Sasha opened it from the outside to let me out of the classroom. I smiled at him and he raised a brow.

"You look like you are in a good mood." Sasha said to me.

"I am in a good mood. I just aced my test. I managed to get through an entire dinner with my parents without swearing or saying something bad to them. I have been very, very good." I looked at him with big eyes and a hopeful smile.

"I see. Yes, that does sound like you are on your best behaviour." He said in a dry voice. I turned my smile into a pout and glanced at him again.

"So... if I have been really good...." I hinted to him in a suggestive voice.

"No, you can't get out of your punishment." He raised a brow at my shocked face.

"What? I never said I wanted out of my punishment!" I argued with his look. He rolled his eyes.

"Well then, what are you trying to insinuate with those puppy dog eyes then?" He asked with an almost accusatory tone. I rolled my eyes this time, probably pushing my luck.

"Well I was kind of hoping you'd just add a reward or two...." I mumbled with a bit of a blush creeping up my neck. His mouth quirked a little at the side and he looked at me consideringly.

"Maybe if you ask me properly without mumbling." He conceded as he strode ahead of me down the hall. I had slowed a little at the words and watched his back with a complicated expression. I gulped. I looked around, but the halls were empty.

"Please sir? May I have a reward?" I asked with steady voice, even though my hands were trembling a little. He stopped and turned towards me in the hall, staring me down. I looked down after a minute, a full blush now covering my face. If I didn't need to hold onto my crutches, I would have covered my face with my hands, but I couldn't.

He approached me, and I stared wordlessly down at his polished leather dress shoes. I felt his finger at my chin and he tilted my head up to look at him. I had trouble lifting my eyes to his though. They were searching and so strong as they pierced through my defenses and gave me a restless feeling in my chest.

"Yes, Lukas. You may. Later." He told me softly. His hand dropped and I wanted to follow it. I wanted that warmth against my skin in the worst way. He turned and continued down the hall slowly, his shoes tapping against the tiles in a dark rhythm. I followed him, one step behind, with the faint remnants of the blush on my cheeks and a small smile on my lips.

*

"Lukas dearest, could you come into the sitting room for a minute please?" The question that spilled from my mother's lips sounded more like a forgone conclusion as she gestured imperiously at me. I looked into the room first before getting too close to make sure there was no one there to ambush me.