48 There will be times

I stirred in bed and realised that there was no longer a warm body next to me. My head raised and I looked around blearily. The door was open, and a light came from down the hall.

I plopped my head down for a second, then rolled over, then reached to feel the fading warm spot. I was restless and couldn't get back to sleep. What was Sasha doing so late? Or was it early? I sighed.

I got up and pulled on a pair of plaid pajama pants tossed on the floor. I padded out into the hall and peered into the light from the office with squinty eyes. Sasha looked over from his computer screen and smiled at me.

"Lukas, what are you doing awake? Can't sleep?" He murmured with a warm tone. I nodded and he gestured to me to come in.

"What are you doing?" I asked quietly as I approached. He grasped my waist and pulled me onto his lap. I settled in comfortably and leaned against him. He kissed my forehead and then gave his attention back to the screen.

"I am working on our budget. Want to see?" He asked with a soft smile. I nodded and looked at the screen with more interest. He held up a small book in his hands and showed me it was full of passwords.

"This is kept in the bottom drawer of the bedside table on my side. If anything happens to me, you should know where it is." He explained as I yawned and nodded.

"All the passwords for the computer are listed by program. The accounts and such are in here too. Do you want to come to the bank and make a joint account for the rent? It might be easier for you, but if you would rather have a separate account that is fine too." He tilted his head as he glanced at me and I shrugged.

"Does it matter? I am just going to be giving my paychecks to you." I said nonchalantly. He grimaced.

"Yes, Lukas, it matters. You need to pay attention to your finances, so you know how much it costs each month to pay for your expenses. It will give you a better understanding of how things work." He tapped my nose and I sniffed in irritation.

"Can't you just do it?" I asked with a pout. He turned away with a frown.

"I can, but what happens if something were to happen to me and you had no choice to take over? What if I was hurt or unconscious?" He asked with a low voice. I felt panic rise inside my chest and shook my head.

"Won't happen. Can't happen. You have to be okay. No matter what, you have to stay with me." I rushed out, holding him tighter against me. He sighed and stroked my head.

"I can't control everything, Lukas. I will try to stay with you, but you need to know this in case I can't." His voice was apologetic, and he rubbed my hair soothingly.

"I don't want to. It could jinx you or something." I whined, looking up at him with pouting face. He snorted and slapped my cheek very gently.

"Nonsense. Now pay attention. This is where I keep the file, in this folder here. I usually do a few months ahead, so you can see what needs to be paid in advance." He patiently showed me the program and where everything was.

"Wait, this is labeled with my name." I pointed to a line and looked at him quizzically. He smiled and hugged me.

"That is your paycheck. If you click on it, you can see what you have paid for this past month." He showed me how it lit up a couple other boxes and my eyes widened.

"Oh! So, I paid for the internet?" I tapped the lit-up box and he nodded.

"Yes, and the groceries. You should be very proud of yourself Lukas. This is your apartment too now." He said to me. I made a face and glanced at him.

"Well, yeah, I live here." I retorted with a raised brow. He rolled his eyes at me.

"There is a big difference between living somewhere and having an apartment or home. Was your parent's house yours? Or theirs?" He waited for me to process it and then I blushed.

"Oh, I get it. It was theirs because they paid for everything." I admitted, picking at lint on my leg. He tapped my chin.

"Correct. Before I was paying for everything too. But now, we are partners working together for the future, so that means the apartment is yours too." He was looking at me with a proud face and I blushed a little.

"Does that mean I can make changes?" I asked cheekily. He gave me a look.

"Maybe. It depends what you want to change." He replied.

"Can I change the towels in the bathroom?" I asked. He laughed a little and shrugged.

"Sure. What colour do you like?" He inquired with a small smile.

"I want dark green ones. Oh wait, no, purple ones." I announced. He laughed again and then sighed.

"Fine. We can change them to purple ones. Anything else?" I knew he wasn't being entirely serious, so I licked my lips and and came out with the next thing.

"Can I make a mess?" I asked mischievously. He pursed his lips.

"No." He said flatly.

"But it's my apartment now too." I said with a really fake whine.

"The answer is still no. I am not living with your mess." He declared shortly.

"But... love is blind." I pointed out with a grin.

"Love may be blind, but I am not. Tell you what, you can have the small room. If you keep the door closed, then you can do whatever you want." He grimaced but gave in. I smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

"Really?" I was excited at the thought of having my own space now.

"Really. Do you want a desk, or shall I leave the bed in there?" He asked seriously. I thought a moment and then decided.

"Leave the bed. It's better than sleeping on the floor when I am bad." I grinned at his raised brow.

"Oh, so now you plan to be bad?" He growled and tickled me. I laughed and squirmed on his lap.

"No, no I meant if I am bad. If!" I tried to fix the situation, but he still tickled me until I felt my stomach hurting a little.

"Alright, I believe you." He finally said as he stopped and held me upright. I panted and leaned on him with a big smile on my face. Then I felt the other reason why he stopped, snuggled under my butt.

"Mhmm. Hey Sasha... can we... do it normal?" I looked down at my lap, to nervous to look up at him. I felt his hand brush my hair out of my face and he kissed my cheek.

"Of course, Lukas. Come on, let's go back to bed." He hummed the words in a low tone right next to my ear and a shiver ran up my spine. I clutched his neck tighter and wrapped my legs around him when he stood up.

His hands fondled my butt as he carried me from the office into the Master bedroom. I nuzzled my face into the hollow of his neck and kissed the soft skin there by his clavicle. I sighed when he leaned down and pressed over me on the soft surface of the bed.

He grabbed my hair and tilted my head back so he could kiss my mouth. I opened for his tongue and he explored inside the cavern gently. My eyes fluttered closed at how soft and sweet his actions were today.

My pajamas were pulled off me slowly. His shirt came off over his head and broke our kisses. We panted and took a moment to touch each others' bodies with appreciating hands.

His movements were unhurried as he prepped and slid into me. I watched him and he watched me. Our passion built steadily, and I felt insistent, wanting more. I moved my hips and urged him with my legs.

"Harder, please..." I begged with my eyes and grasped at him with my hands, pulling him back down to kiss me. He obliged and his pace quickened. I tilted my head back and felt his mouth tracing my chin.

It was over shortly, but we didn't break apart. We left ourselves to bask in the afterglow, wrapped in each others' arms. This was nice too. As exciting as the other stuff was, I knew this part of us would make it last.

The part that wasmundane, normal, and just life.

1477 (word count)