19 I Look Around

I went to school as though nothing was wrong. Everything was wrong, and the idiot was still following me around. I couldn't even take a piss without the dude following me to the door. I was so done. I pulled Ames into the girls' bathroom with me.

"What the hell Lukas!?" She screeched as a couple girls screamed and ran out of there. I locked the door after they left, seeing as my bodyguard was glaring at me outside the door.

"I am going crazy Ames. You gotta help me." I begged her with a serious face.

"Well you could just ask me at lunch or something." She griped angrily, fixing her uniform cardigan where I'd pulled it.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. The idiot out there won't let me go anywhere alone and listens in to all my conversations." I told her with a pout. She looked at me pityingly.

"That sucks. I guess your 'rents are pretty mad huh?" She consoled me with a pat. I nodded.

"You have no idea. Listen, could you come over to my house to hang out so we can talk? I really need your help with something." I said in a hurry. I knew my time in here was limited.

"Yeah I guess. I might have time after school if you want." She told me. I brightened up.

"Perfect!" I was interrupted as a banging on the bathroom door sounded.

"Lukas! Get out of there." It was the idiot calling. I rolled my eyes and we left the bathroom.

"See you after school." She said with a wave, going to her next class. I waved and then turned to see the glare being leveled at me.

"What? You would have interrupted and not let her come. Now she's coming anyways." I stuck out my tongue at him and went to class. He wouldn't stop glaring at me. I ignored the idiot though and finished my lessons.

"Ready?" Ames walked up to me at the end of the day and I linked arms with her to go to the car.

"Sir, the girl can't come in the car." The idiot said. I smiled at him and shrugged.

"That's too bad, because I am not getting in if she isn't coming with me." We had a stare down for a good two full minutes before the door was opened. I motioned for Ames to slide in, and she did. I followed after.

"What is with this guy?" She whispered to me quietly.

"Oh, he just has a poker up his ass because my parents pay him too much." I replied nonchalantly.

He glared at me over his shoulder. That was another strike against him. He never sat in the back. He always made me feel like a criminal being taken to the station by cops. He sat up front with the new driver and wouldn't speak to me.

He was a dickhead. Probably afraid to screw up because of the rumours going around the house. Ones my father probably started to make Sasha and I look bad. Only the folks who knew us better didn't look at me with pity and horror.

"Don't even think about bringing her in your room." The idiot said when we got out of the car. I laughed mockingly at him.

"Too late!" I shouted suddenly, grabbing my friend's hand and dragging her at a run into the house. Thank god she wears sneakers! She giggled as we went up the stairs and I pulled her into my room, with the idiot on our heels.

I slammed the door in his face, locked it, and then dragged a chair to put under the handle. It actually made me chuckle as he pounded on the outside for a full minute. I turned to an equally amused Ames.

"You are going to be in so much trouble." She commented with humour. I nodded.

"Yep. So worth it." I sat cross legged on my bed and she sat in front of me the same.