Chapter 48- Wedding

Mia's POV.

I'd never been the kind to have friends. All my days in high school I was a certified loner but not completely by myself. I had a few acquaintances here and there in the various clubs I begrudgingly joined.

Never did I think of having a really close friend until I met Jane. At the initial stage, we were two ordinary females working in the same organisation. Here was how I discerned things to be between us, we'd be just regular work colleagues. I didn't see myself getting attached to her to the extent of calling her my best friend.

She was my best friend. Papa was right. She was my only friend. She was the one supposed to be my maid of honour. I could almost hear the cheers and her sentimental gestures complimenting how I looked.

But that was only in my head.

In reality, I was in a room full of strangers. They smiled and uttered their cliche expressions of ohhs and awws but I didn't care. They weren't Jane.

But enough of that!

Today was my wedding day. I was supposed to be elated. I shouldn't let sadness crown this day. Yes I didn't know the ladies who were my braidmaids and maid of honour but nobody cared about that.

This wedding was mine. All attention and focus were going to be on me.

"You really look beautiful Mia." My makeup stylist complimented.

"You really do." The hair stylist chipped in.

I gave them a weak smile as the recurring sense of deja vu slipped within me. Months ago, I was held in a similar room with Jane and two other stylists. The only difference between now and then was that Jane wasn't here presently. I would have felt ten times more confident with her compliments than these paid for stylists.

Three weeks today since Alan popped the big question. Nothing could suppress the joy that sparked inside me until he said we had to meet his parents. Of course, Papa had given us his blessing.

"Anything that makes you happy." He said with a muffled smile. If he had his own way, this man would have refuted. Only if I wasn't pregnant.

The D'day arrived when we met with Alan's parents. I was uneasy throughout the entire flight to Greece with respect to the latest headlines I'd made.

Surprisingly, they were actually kind to me. For Mrs Starvnos, it seemed she'd need a longer period to clear off the assumption the media had painted of me to her.

However they granted us their  blessing to go ahead with the marriage. Looking at my life and everything I'd been through I regarded this phase as a second chance to start a new chapter or even a new book.

Mistakes had been made, ones that served as a grave lesson, ones that had altered my life.

From zero to hero, then back to zero and my current state of being a hero.