Episode 10- Sparks

Episode 10-Sparks
Mia

Beauty, they say, lies in the eye of the beholder. But, is that all beauty has to offer? Is beauty all that is seen on the outside? The beauty of a woman, I believe, isn't in the clothes she wears, the makeup she puts on or the figure she carries.

Beauty should be seen from the inside, I believe.

For how would we therefore define beauty in a man? Will it be defined in the suit he wears, the manliness of his body or how windswept his hair always is.

Beauty is subjective. What might be beautiful for you, wouldn't be for me.

And, I'm not a fan of simply using the outer beauty of a person to judge them. After all, you shouldn't even judge a book by its cover. What is beauty when character is ugly? Beauty should be viewed from skin deep. Your inner beauty must always outweigh your outer beauty. What then will happen when you're eighty and your beauty has fleeted? A deep relentless sigh escapes from my mouth as I ogle over the most beautiful man I've ever seen.
And it's not even based on his appearance. It's his personality, his uniqueness, how he carries himself; his demeanor. It's his tenderness, his compassion, his incomprehensible gift of listening. That's what drives me to him. I'm being pulled to him like a moth to a flame, and I like it.

"Earth to Mia. Earth to Mia." Jane fingers carelessly snap across my face. "You've been ogling Alan for the past ten minutes."

That's a lie. Well, the duration.

"No I'm not." I pretend to be busy by typing words off the top of my head on the computer.

"Mmm... Sister, I've been staring at you too long, not to have noticed."

I sigh. Alan is walking in to his office but halted to speak to one man whom I believe is part of the board of directors.

The way he smiles and speaks to the older man, humility is his armor. I admit I'm staring at him but in a good way, not in a lustful manner.
He smiles and shakes the man's hand and turns in the direction of his office. He reeks of exuberance, the epitome of male beauty.

Damn, he's breathtaking!

Today, he wears a white shirt on black trousers, no suit but a grey vest that emphasizes his lean muscles. He passes by Sophie who ridiculously tries so hard to get noticed by Alan.

I roll my eyes in disgust.

Get a grip, girl.

Alan gives her a ghostly smile and centers his eyes on me. Directly on me. I want to break the contact but I can't. When he smiles, my entire body is the consistency of Jell-O.

Where is this coming from? Why is this unnerving feeling creeping inside me?

I blame Jane. She put ideas into my head. Possibilities of Alan liking me and me liking him. Now, I can't see Alan without having my heart accelerate. He gets nearer and nearer to my desk, which means nothing because his office is just at that end until he halts at my desk. I haven't turned to look at the entire workspace but I know everyone is shocked like I am.

"Mia, can I see you in my office?" His voice is warm, so warm it makes mine disappear. Like I've lost my mind, I blink and nod rapidly instead.
He smiles a perfect set of white teeth and gets inside his office.

"God, Alan just gives me chills. Mia, you're so lucky. I know he likes you." Jane starts her ridiculous words. She should just keep her thoughts locked up in her brain. She's filling my head with hopes and thoughts, making me have feelings I'm not supposed to feel.

"Jane, please stop!" I huff exasperatedly. I can't really take it out that hard on her. Every single lady in this organization isn't immune to Alan, including me. And I'm not the type of girl easily moved by people and things, so this is entirely bizarre. I dust my skirt, put on a strong woman facade, and motion into Alan's office.