Chapter 32- Hesitant

I'm in love with song above. Don't recall where I heard it, but I think it was from Vampire diaries.

Mia's POV

Mia's POV.

I was infuriated.

One with myself.

Two with Alaric and,

three, with my stupid willpower.

If I knew of any possible way to survive without lips and tongue, I'd slice my own off and live without it. The entire state I was in took my mind to when I was in high school, a boy I didn't like kissed me during a silly game of truth and dare, what I did when I came home?

I scraped my tongue and my mouth with an entire toothpaste bar. I still remember the bristles of my brush falling off and a moue escaped from my throat at the memory. It was a miracle I didn't end up with bleeding gums.

That was exactly how I felt after Alaric kissed me. And though both situations didn't have the same foundation, technically they were still similar. They were both males I detested.

I should have just pulled back.

I should have pulled back.

God knew I had no form of attraction whatsoever for that dimwit. Ever since that day, the words Jane averred to me had been engaging in a whirlwind in my head.

What if I was falling for Alaric without even realising it?

Over my dead body.

I'd rather be dead and have my cadaver fed to vultures.

I swore, the only feelings I had for him were the ones that sparkled between two enemies, with the clinging of dangerous weapons and ended with the satisfying sight of one of them dead in a pool of fresh blood.

I'd always said I hated him and yet I couldn't even slap him as I should when he kissed me. I was a little bemused with myself. A lot of thoughts fought in my head, all of which yearned for dominance. A suffocating part of my thoughts coaxed to believe that I was in a state of vulnerability because the bastard had threatened me, so basically there was nothing I could do.

Honestly, I got scared when Alaric said that. If there was one thing I knew about Alaric it was that he never bluffed. The ease at which he pronounced that meant he could possibly do it.

My mind drifted to Alan as I thought of how'd he feel if he found out about this.

Don't beat yourself up, it's not like you slept with Alaric. That would have been a recipe for disaster.

I quivered at the chirping in my ears. The guilt was clutching on every vital organ in my body. All I knew was that I shouldn't have let out our lips collided. The fact that I did and even kissed him back was proof I was calpable. I shook my head vehemently to ward off the memories of what happened in his apartment almost 72 hours ago.