Chapter 35- Miserable

Mia's POV.

Infidelity. 

I googled the definition after I engaged in the act. And this was the answer.

Infidelity is the breaking of a promise to remain faithful to a romantic partner, whether that promise was a part of marriage vow, a privately uttered agreement between lovers, or an unspoken assumption. As unthinkable as the notion of breaking such promises may be at the time they are made, infidelity is common.

It was common. And now I was part of the people who made the act common. I was part of the lot who broke people's heart and diversified their knowledge on what love really was.

It was a word I hated, always had and always will. It's funny how in life you always end up being the person you swore to never be. Like when you're teenage girl and you promise yourself to keep your virginity until marriage. Then in your very first relationship you give it away forgetting the promise you made yourself.

There were some acts I promised myself to never engage in. Cheating being one and now, apparently joke was on me.

I was a cheater.

I had committed a grave sin on Alan. How would I ever face him now and confess this to him. I felt disgusted with myself than I'd ever been in my entire life.

The first act of contrite I I exhibited when I came home, was to ran into the shower and drown in my own tears. Tasting nothing but regret and revulsion. Like that ever solved anything.

I had betrayed Alan and the whole incident was appalling to me because I really loved him. I didn't love Alaric, at least this had finally opened my eyes. I let my lust for him ruin the love I'd always had for Alan. I wished I could turn back time and alter the events of that even happening in the first place.

How did I ever lose my self control with him. I felt deeply repunged because I'd never even slept with Alan and he was the man I was with.

There was no doubt he wouldn't want to be with me after this. God, I wouldn't be with me.

What was I going to do now?

"Mia what's happening with you?." Mrs Cooper pried at me. Then I realised I was quivering and shivering like I had seizure. I unclenched my hardened fist then inhaled and exhaled the normal way all humans should.

"What is it Mia?" She asked one more time.

I knew I couldn't come clean to inform her about this despicable sin I had committed when sometime ago, I was the one preaching to her to amend her lifestyle. If I told her this, she would think I was some kind of hypocrite. I was already judging myself and feeling insanely remorseful.

There was no way Jane could ever know about this.

"There's something wrong. Don't tell it's nothing. You want to come inside and talk?" She said and took my hand. She tried to pull me but I wouldn't budge.