Chapter 22- Alpha

Alaric

Personality is the set of behaviors that evolve as one grows. That was the definition my teacher taught me. That saying does me no justice because my behavior certainly never evolved as I aged.

From a young age I was characterized as choleric. It only took a glance at me and you'd identify the personality trait I possessed. I didn't have to speak to you. Like magic, you would know.

From a young age, I never had friends. I never wanted them anyway. I yearned to be alone, on my way to master great confidence, great alpha male trait.

I was proud of who I was today.

Attitude, is the feeling or acting toward a person or a situation.

My attitude towards people like me were the exact way I treated myself. Things I hated; opportunitists, mediocres and soft, mushy people.

At age ten, I was kicked out of school. My teachers couldn't handle my behavior and my attitude. I never got in a fight, never threw a punch. But they still couldn't manoeuvre around me. I was homeschooled whereas, Alan the adorable boy was cherished by everyone.

Tests upon tests were ran on me to see if there was a medical condition to my odd behavior. There wasn't. I could be like Alan all loving and liked my everyone but no. That was for him. I loved the intimidation I caused. I loved being in control. I loved the fear I caused in people. I loved the dominance over everyone. I was an alpha male.

I lived my whole life with remarks like rude, wicked, asshole, senseless, heartless and every other bad word in the dictionary. But I didn't think of myself as any of those. I was just brusque. It took the right people to know me, to understand me. And if I didn't give that permit for to you know me, you wouldn't.

My mother was worried about me. Alan said I always made her cry. She was concerned about mental health and she feared I'd be alone forever. She didn't know, alone was my best company.

My father however, was pleased with me. He was satisfied with my behaviour. He saw me as the gateway for a better Starvnos. Well, most times.

I was a no-nonsense man and there was no way I would tolerate the foul mistake of anyone.

I walked into the office and I saw the shiver in the eyes of the idiots. How they stooped so low to win my favor, how they feared me. It was funny yet so satisfying.

As soon as they saw my car, there was an entire commotion in the organization.

Alaric is here.

The monster is in.

The asshole from hell has been unleashed.

My confidant and bodyguard Andrews always informed me about any person who insulted me. I didn't really give a damn about the slander but I had great pleasure firing them. So that was what I did.

I went into the private elevator with Andrews snickering from the scene on the first floor. They were like mice and pathetic chickens running from their predator.

You could always quit. I didn't give a damn.

"Keep an eye on them Andrews. Today I feel like firing ten idiots."

"Yes sir. I will."

I got to my floor. Exclusively furnished for me. Unlike the other floors that had receptionists, there was none here.

I slumped into my desk and my phone rang. I reached for it and snorted at the person calling, regardless I picked it up.

"Brother, how are you?" The voice chirped excitedly.