Chapter 16- Exposed

Mia's pov

Mia's pov

Love is an abstruse and undeniable feeling. I'm not talking about about the kind of love shown towards your mom or dad and siblings.

What I speak of is the kind that makes your inside flutter when you see the person you're in love with. The kind, when you see the person's face, it's like nothing and no one else matters.

The kind you become so vulnerable to the person it's almost like you can't live without them. Love comes with trust, commitment, sacrifices and a tad bit of stupidity.

It is true that you can't choose whom you fall in love with, it just happens. Which is why most times, we fall for the wrong person.

Discarding that perception, love is a strong feeling that sends you on cloud nine especially, when it's with the right person. It's not only meaningful but also worth fighting for.

And that was what I felt with Alan Starvnos.

I was in love with him. And although I've been in love before, this feeling I posssessed was nothing compared to those high school infatuations.

The past few weeks have gifted us with kisses and roses. We've managed to keep our relationship out of the public eye and even from the workplace.

I guess moving to the top floor was an advantage for us. No crows would peep their unblinking eyes at us.

Afterall, what people didn't know, they couldn't destroy.

Today was also Zendaya's birthday. Her first birthday and Jane thought it wise to have a small celebration for her. A small dinner at our apartment.

I was on my way to get some groceries for the evening dinner while she stayed home with Papa.

I entered the first supermarket my eyes located and brought out my list of items to purchase. I had no idea what Jane was planning on preparing, I just followed her instructions on the paper.

After getting most of the items in the shopping cart, I walked over to the counter.

The lady at the counter smiled at me, and I understood. A routined gesture for every worker sitting behind a table. Good customer service was important.

"That will all be 150."

"Oh okay." I opened my purse and fetched out the cash and handed to her.

"Thanks. Here you you go." She stretched to give me the change but paused. "Wait. Are you Mia North?"

"Depends. Who's asking?" I asked with a straight face.

"You're Alan Starvnos' girlfriend right?"

"Umm..." Not waiting for my response, she disappeared underneath the counter and brought some magazines, incredulously flicking through the pages.