Chapter 21- Unstoppable

Listen to Unstoppable by Sia.

Mia

Without an educational degree, one can spend the rest of their lives working different odd jobs in order to earn a living. Nevertheless, every job will bring you a little or more income.

Some dishonest jobs can derive you two to three times the amount you'd get from working a clean job. If there's anything I've learnt in life is that, some shortcuts can lead to your destruction.

Never be in a rush to make it in life. Keep working in bits. For you know what they say; tiny drops of water make a mighty ocean.

Never let a fall from grace compel you to do something you'd regret, something you won't be proud off.

So yes, I'd lost my good paying job at Starvnos. I could get it back in a jiffy. Trust me, that wasn't even rocket science. I could just call Alan, be filled in my position, and be called names or possibly ruin my reputation for the rest of my young adult life by a group of people who knew nothing about my life and had nothing better to do than to snoop in other people's businesses.

Or I would take a job as a stripper. This was announced in an ad I saw this morning, and they paid twice the amount I yearned in Starvnos.

But would I stoop so low to either of them?  No. I wouldn't. 

I've come to far, I've hit rock bottom. Way worse than this. This was another phase in my life and I was certain, just like three months ago when I was on the verge of losing my sanity, but didn't. This one would also pass.

Nothing lasted for ever. No pain, happiness or wealth.

I stood infront of Clayton's supermarket. From how Jane described it, I expected a rat hole but then again it was Jane we were talking about it.

It was your average sized supermarket. I walked in as memories of that last supermarket I entered crossed my mind.

A funky looking woman of about forty stood in the counter. She wore a crop top with what I guessed shorts. She had tiny streaks of grey hair on her head too.

Without noticing me, she moved out of the counter and my yes to justify my guess, she was really wearing shorts.

She returned to the counter and I approached her, all that time surveying the supermarket. It was stocked, and I was impressed.

"Good morning Ma'am." I greeted her, and a scowl escaped from her mouth.

"I always tell you assholes, each shelf has labels on them. You can't be disturbing me all the time. Can't you motherfuckers read." She hissed.

Oh!

I cleared my throat and did a quick once over at the shop. It was empty and why wouldn't it be, with this crappy attitude.

"Excuse me, but I'm not a shopper. I'm Mia North." She raised her head and furred her eyebrows at me.

"Mia North. Jane's___"

"Oh it's you. I'm so glad you could make it. I'm sorry I thought it was those lousy teenagers. They come here and they make my work too hard. It's like they can't read. Always asking where the juice and booze are." She explained.

"It's okay. I understand." I chuckled.

"Wow, you're a pretty face. A pretty girl like you should attract more consumers." She chimed on. 

"I'll try my best." I said. "So I don't know if you'd review my CV or resume."

"Pfft, you're a cashier sweetheart. You're not working an office job."