Chapter 36- Surprise

Alaric's POV

Alaric's POV.

The sight of Mia in my apartment, the tone of her pretty little mouth whenever it rambled on, was enough for me to lose my train of thoughts. Her very presence was bound to get me to act like a crazy person. A deranged maniac.

I had no idea where this new yearning, this new addiction for her was springing from. And it was bad, because all of my thoughts would make me want to repeat events of what panned out in my apartment. I was obsessing about a woman I had a countless number of times uttered wasn't my type.

And I'd say it again, Mia wasn't my type of woman.

If I had a scale to measure that preference, she'd exceed it. She'd blow up that entire scale. She got me to lose control of myself. The memories of what happened two days ago was like a fresh wound. I couldn't get over her delicious body. How warm and tight she was each time I slipped into her. The welcoming manner she received me. The wriths.

The constant writhing.

I'd lied with a lot of women. All who were skilful than her but none of them had received the tenderness I surrendered to Mia. I couldn't get that petite woman out of my head.

Lord Almighty! I wanted her again.

It wasn't enough that she was my brother's girlfriend. Any rational person upon that realisation would back off but not I. She was like a forbidden fruit and it would a lie if I didn't avow that she irrevocably tasted the sweetest.

I hadn't contacted her since that backslide. I should have. We needed to talk.

I had no idea what was to be discussed. I needed to know how she'd been since. I was irked at myself for having not called her since then. Only heavens knew what was going through her head.

I stomped my feet hard and noisily on the floor. I gritted my teeth in my confused frustration. My phone was secured in one free hand, I had her number. All I had to do was to call her.

Dammit, I had become a coward even without realising it. My foot tap continued and a hand nudged my shoulders. I was bolted to the present, and ready to glare at the person who just did that.

My secretary cleared her throat and whispered in my ears. "They're asking for your views on customer service."

I felt my shirt and groaned lowly at the clamminess of it and how it had pressed against my nervous body. Trust Mia for an instant recipe for torture. I ignored it then lifted my head to see the questioning look plastered on the board members' faces. The second time I'd actually gotten them to have a decent meeting with me, the painting image of Mia had to ruin it.

I sighed, realising this meeting wouldn't amount to anything, especially for me. Sweat broke on my forehead, with a sprinkle of uneasiness. The mixture remained unwashed in my body.

I had to see her.

"Gentlemen, this meeting's rescheduled." The murmurs came out but none dared to defy or question me. I prompted my secretary to secure my files into my briefcase, and without waiting for a single word from anyone, I waltzed out of the meeting room.